Recently

3 February 2018

Argan Dragon Shower Oil



Let's get one thing straight: I am never normally excited when a new 'Snow Fairy' scented product hits the shelves. While some of the them do win me over once I've tried them, the fragrance itself has been done to death now, and I for one am not enamoured by the fan-favourite at all. Having said that, I did find myself a little more intrigued than usual about Argan Dragon Shower Oil.

Firstly, Lush have described this shower oil as being like the cosmetic version of a superfood. Packed full of beetroot juice, dragon fruit powder and poppy seeds, this limited edition reads like a smoothie, and possesses the properties to help the skin in the same way that a smoothie would support the body.

The inclusion of dragon fruit powder gives this block a big boost of antioxidants, which not works at making your skin healthier but helps your complexion appear uplifted and perkier. Dragon fruit is also known for being rich in vitamin C, so it helps to brighten the skin as well. Alongside this, beetroot juice is a rich source of iron, vitamins and minerals that not only supports healthy skin but helps to add a wonderful glow to your complexion as well. 

Argan Dragon also contains poppy seeds, which you can see under the surface of the product itself. These beauties soothe the skin and and calm any itchiness that you may have from rashes or irritations. The seeds are also known to act as an effective painkiller by relieving the pain caused by skin inflammation. While I don't think there are enough present in this block to do much in the way of this, it cannot not help those with skin that need a little tender loving care.

As if this wasn't enough of an incentive for me to try this product, the argan oil used to make Argan Dragon is sourced directly from Morocco, where the profit helps to provide rural communities there with a stable income. While it is obviously amazing when any country benefits in such a way, Morocco happens to hold a big place in my heart, therefore making this shower oil even more appealing to me on a personal level. 

How to use a shower oil is down to personal preference, although I have tried a few variations and have discovered the way that works best for me. Much like a body butter, I tend to find that these beauties work better at the end of your shower/bath, when your skin is clean and ready to be moisturised.

Ensure your skin is damp and then step out of the way of the running water. Massage the bar gently, in a circular motion, across the areas of your body that you wish to moisturise. Try not to apply too much pressure as the shower oils are very generous, and I just feel that you'd coat your skin with too much oil and use up the block far quicker this way. 

What you will find is that the shower oils will leave a light layer of oils on your skin, which you can then use you hands to massage even deeper into your skin. Unlike a body butter or a body conditioner, the oils are not at all greasy, nor do they feel at all heavy. Instead, it feels and looks as if you've applied a little baby oil to your skin.

Argan Dragon was very generous on my skin - melting with ease to create a gentle coating of oils and butters that I was able to massage across my body. My skin felt instantly nourished and looked and felt soft and moisturised for the rest of the day. As I had spent the last few months in hot countries, my skin was lacking its usual radiance and this shower oil replenished that moisture and made it appear instantly healthier.

As with all of Lush's new shower oils, I didn't need to moisturise at all afterwards, yet I also didn't get the impression that I'd applied anything too heavy on my skin either. Those with sensitive skin; those who dislike using body lotions daily because of the irritation they can bring about; or those who are concerned with how saturated the pores can get from the product build up of using a lotion regularly, may be interested to learn that this little beauty replicates the same results, but is far more easy-going on the skin.

Most are familiar with the sweet, fruity fragrance of Snow Fairy, and you'll be able to recognise the pear drop scented scent immediately. It is definitely not the strongest version of the smell but the fan-favourite aroma is present both during and after the shower, and this scent can then be topped up by the recently released Snow Fairy Body Spray.   

Overall, I was really impressed with this tear-shaped exclusive and would be a product I invest in again, if the opportunity arises. If applying to the whole body, and doing so without too much exposure to water, I envisage that one of these blocks would last you a few months at least. While this does still mean that it works out more expensive than one of Lush's larger body lotions, there is something rather beautiful how gentle this feels on the skin, and the lack of packaging is also a welcome bonus. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Argan Oil, Sunflower Wax, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Beetroot Juice Powder, Perfume, Poppy Seeds, Dragon Fruit Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP