Recently

16 February 2018

Jungle Soap




While I have been rather absent from the Lush community this year, the truth is that I’ve become far more interested in the global causes that Lush have been working on, and I’ve carried out quite a bit of research regarding some of the projects closest to my heart. 

One such cause that sparked my interest occurred last year, when I was asked to visit the Lush Kitchen for the release of their solid mouthwash tabs. Whilst exploring the factories, I stumbled upon a batch of Jungle Soap that was being made especially for a release in Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines later that month. I was lucky enough to be given a piece to take home with me and was ecstatic that I finally possessed a Jungle-scented soap to indulge my skin with.

This particular limited edition  release was created to promote the conservation of the Indonesian Jungle - the main reason why I took this beautiful product with me when I visited Bali for six weeks at the start of the year. I saw it as only fitting that I carry this soap with me while I explore the very places that the product was trying to conserve.

Shaped like a tree, this soap smells exactly as Jungle fans would expect - a strong bitter, fruity aroma that grabs your senses and refuses to let go. All of the Jungle range is dominated by a strange and alluring but equally soured and strange fruity smell. It's almost like a lemony-piney aroma but with a more rounded citrus edge to it. The inclusion of the cypress oil then gives the soap a very gentle woody aroma while the cedarwood adds a little aromatic, earthy, woody scent alongside it.

This scent family is definitely an acquired taste - it's one that takes you on a journey and lingers on your skin long after you've towelled yourself down. If you're a fan of Jungle, you'll appreciate this soap - if only to place it somewhere and use it to fragrance a room rather than in the shower. 

Despite its size, this soap lasted a long time for me. After using it solidly for six weeks, I found that it still had enough life to see me through the days and weeks I spent in London in between travelling. The design also meant that it was easy to massage over the skin and I didn't drop it once while I was showering.

Surprisingly, I found that this soap was perhaps the most generous soap that I have tried so far from Lush: it produced a thick but light and fluffy lather within mere seconds of coming into contact with the water. In addition, I could feel how smooth my skin felt almost instantaneously after using this, and this pleased me very much.

Much like most soaps from Lush, I didn't feel as if it moisturised me as well as a shower gel would. However, it definitely left me feeling crisp and clean, which was a much welcome feeling as I was often showering in places far from luxurious, or indeed particularly clean. Furthermore, the soap also dried quickly so I didn't have to contend with making a mess in the places we were staying, and it helped when I had to pack up every few days to move onto our next home.

Overall, taking Jungle Soap with me banished any worries I had about spillages; took up less space in my luggage; and proved far cheaper than taking a 500g bottle with me. This is definitely a soap that should see a more global release, and is one that I would buy again. I feel truly blessed that I was given the opportunity to have one of these, not least because you can never have too many Jungle-scented cosmetics.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Vetivert Root Infusion (Vetiveria zizanoides), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Cedarwood Oil (Juniperus virginiana), Sodium Chloride, *Cinnamal, *Limonene, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 42045.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: not available in UK.



   

No comments

Post a Comment


UP