Recently

14 January 2019

Iron Harvest Bauble Bath Melt



What I'm finding with Lush at the moment is that you only have to blink and you'll miss a handful of products. While I praise the company for having so many new and innovative ideas, the empty bank accounts and total confusion of the consumers is starting to take a toll on the excitement that fans once had for the company.

Only two months ago did pictures of an interesting array of 'bauble bath melts' appear on Instagram, followed quickly by the naked stores in Germany and Japan. Sporting gorgeous colours and scents, consumers wondered if they'd ever be able to get their hands on the little gems. Fast forward to December 26th and they suddenly appear on the UK site, only to disappear the same day without anything said about them at all. Why these weren't celebrated a little more is absurd because they are simply beautiful.

Iron Harvest was the first of the bauble bath melts that I decided to try one evening when I was finding it hard to switch off after a long day's work, and in need of something to help me soothe my mind. Sharing its scent with the Dreamtime Bath Oil, this bath melt is as its name suggests: shaped like a bauble for a Christmas tree, albeit flat on the back, and far heavier.

With a circumference roughly 7cm wide, and with a thickness little under a centimetre, this is definitely one of the biggest bath melts that Lush have ever unleashed into the world. While it is definitely a very pretty experience to put the whole thing into the tub at once, I would suggest that you cut this into three or four pieces. 

You certainly don't need to use the entire melt in one go, and it would be far less messy breaking off pieces whilst its dry than hanging or storing the tablet once it's already been in the water. Having said that, I found that the melt dried fairly quickly after I pulled it from the water, so I didn't have to worry too much about cleaning up afterwards.

Containing a combination of lavender, chamomile and jasmine, this beautiful limited edition is the perfect remedy for a relaxing bath before bed. The lavender offers a cooling, herbal note that sits a little higher than it does in the aforementioned bath oil; the chamomile offers a naturally sweet but floral aroma underneath.

Once in the water, Iron Harvest rests on the surface and slowly ebbs streams of rich purple oils under the surface. These oils and butters tend to linger around the product at first, so you have to swish it around with the piece of string to help it dissolve across the whole tub. After using half of one of these baubles, I found that the water had turned a wonderful shade of purple, and the texture of the water had changed into one more silky soft and nourishing.

If you're someone who wants to heed results quicker, you can opt to hold this under the running tap and the pressure will encourage the bauble to melt a lot quicker. However, I enjoyed how relaxing this was to watch in the tub, whilst I was submerged under the water.

What impressed me was that firstly my skin was left feeling incredible smooth and moisturised after bathing in the water for near on an hour. Secondly, I found that the fragrance stayed with me throughout my entire bath, and I was able to smell it on my skin afterwards as well. Finally, the fact that the water changed colour was enough to mean that I didn't feel the need to add a bath bomb in as well, making it an all-round better experience. 

Overall, this was a great choice to start with, as it revealed the potential that these seasonal special baubles and tablets have. Iron Harvest would definitely have looked amazing on my Christmas tree this year, had Lush brought it out in time. However, it looked and smelled easily as incredible once it was in my tub. I happen to love the name as well!    

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bitartrate (Tartar), Fair Trade Shea Butter, Murumuru Seed Butter, Sunflower Wax, Lavender Oil, Zingiber Root Oil, Chamomilla Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract, Sandalwood Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorophlogopite, * Citral, * Farnesol, * Geraniol, * Limonene, * Linalool, Perfume, Cl 77491, Cl 60725.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Dream Time Bath Melt
Dream Time Bath Oil
Dream Time Temple Balm

Iron Harvest Bauble Bath Melt



No comments

Post a Comment


UP