Recently

13 January 2019

Open Your Heart Bubble Bra



Every so often, Lush releases a scent that impacts on the community so much that you can almost feel the buzz of the chatter behind the screen of your phone. When Golden Pear Soap first made an appearance, you could tell within a matter of days that something big was about to go down for the avid consumers. 

Since the release of that seasonal soap a couple of years ago, Lush have continued to bring out more and more products with the same fragrance. Some great, some not so great, but I can honestly say that Open Your Heart Bubble Bra is what Golden Pear Bath Bomb should have been, but better.

Containing orange, sandalwood and cardamon oil, this limited edition bubble bra is succulently fruity yet equally grounded as well. My nose picks up the smell of sweet stewed pears which is both warming and refreshing. Alongside this, there is a delicate note of the cardamom and sandalwood that gives the bubble bar a gentle woodiness as well. 

Given its design, Open Your Heart is definitely one that will make a mess if you don't store it properly, and as I suggest only using half of this for each bath, so you're going to have to place it somewhere carefully if you do the same.

In its favour, this limited edition is super easy to crumble, and the thick centre of butters that stick the two ends together, really help to give the water a boost of extra nourishment which you skin will thank you for. I found that the water was beautifully sultry throughout, and the impact it had on my skin was instantaneous. 

Having said that, I was rather disappointed to discover that you don't get a lot of bubbles for your money. Whether this is because of the generous helping of both cocoa and murumuru butters, or a predict default, Open Your Heart didn't heed that many bubbles, even when I swished my hands throughout the tub. The bubbles that I did manage to create didn't stick around for too long afterwards either, which was a shame.

Despite this, I was really impressed by the strength of the fragrance during my bath. While it was never going to be a scent that engulfed the entire room, I was able to sweet the note of sweet pear throughout the whole bath, and the smell even lingered on the ends of my hair for a short time afterwards. Compared to Golden Pear Bath Bomb, this bubble bra offered so much more, and was much closer to the original scent than both the bath bomb and the body spray that was released a couple of months ago.

Overall, I think this is a lovely edition to the Valentine's Day this year. A little more scent and a little more bubble action and I think I might have rated it much higher than I did. However, I can recognise that this will be a popular purchase this season. This will definitely be one that I buy again before they disappear.      

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Laureth 4, Cardamom Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Cornflour, Titanium Dioxide, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Gardenia Extract, Water (Aqua), Silica, Tin Oxide, Citronellol, Coumarin, *Limonene, Colour 77491, Colour 19140, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.

Scent Family:
Golden Pear Bath Bomb 
Golden Pear Body Spray
Golden Pear Soap

Open Your Heart Bubble Bar



1 comment

  1. The Freedom Bra
    is an innovative bra design that prevents breasts from sagging.

    ReplyDelete


UP