Recently

1 January 2019

Six Reusable Bubble Bar




While there's a part of myself that revels in the sexual innuendos that Lush play around with during their Valentine's (and sometimes regular) product names, there's also a spiritual side of my personality that simply enjoys the celebration of all love, and wishes that Lush did more seasonal products that focussed on this all encompassing love as well. 

While by itself, Six Reusable Bubble Bar doesn't initially grab you as a particularly obvious innuendo, you only need to grab a second and form the number 69 to realise where the company were going with this one. I happen to think that this bubble bar is incredible adorable, and its shape serves many uses, as I will explain in more detail below.

Sporting either a pink and yellow or blue and yellow, stripy design, this Valentines' Day special shares its scent with the popular Yog Nog family. After the slightly disappointing Yog Nog Yule Log from the recent Christmas range, this brand new rendition offers a lot more in the way of colour and fragrance; and is definitely a step up from the previous rendition, in my eyes.

For those unfamiliar with this Lush smell, Yog Nog is perhaps the most 'foody' aroma that the company do. My nose detects a rich and very succulent aroma; one of sweet, decadent butterscotch ice cream with ripples of nutty caramel threaded throughout; a hot, malted glass of milk infused with vanilla pods; a sprinkling of brown sugar and a generous helping of salted caramel.

Some of my readers, with a good eye for detail night notice that my above description is near on identical to that that the forgotten Yog Log Shower Smoothie from two Christmases ago. And the reason why is because I found Six Bubble Bar to be far closer to the scent of the shower smoothie than I did the bath bomb or the recent body lotion. There is something a little drier and nuttier about the fragrance of this Valentine's Day release than some of the more recent renditions.

What I will say is that the design and smell doesn't necessarily agree with your senses to begin with. It took me a short while to adjust to the cake-like smell coupled with the bright red and yellow stripes. However, once I used this beautiful release in the bath for the first time, I was head over heals in love.

Six is a reusable bubble bar, which means that the idea is you can use it across multiple baths. Traditionally, you're supposed to hold the product under the running water until you've used as much as you want, and then leave it somewhere to dry. The shape of this bubble bar means you can hold the top part of the six, if like me you don't wish to burn your fingers under the hot water, and then place it in a cool dark place, preferably in a container to avoid any mess from occurring. You can also place the bar in a sieve and hold that underneath the water, if you'd rather not risk an injury.

However, as I have found it difficult in recent months to do either of these things, I have taken to breaking and crumbling the bar as I would a regular bubble bar. This still heeded a good number of uses (I was able to get three wonderful baths from Six, and that was with me being overly generous with how much of the bar I used). Yet, this also meant that it was easier to store the dry pieces in between uses.

As with many of the reusable bubble bars that I have tried from Lush, this one produced a generous amount of light, fluffy bubbles - more so when I swished my hands around the water. The water turned a light shade of peach when I used the red and yellow design, which wasn't as vibrant as a bath bomb would have been, but was pleasant nonetheless.

While the water wasn't as moisturising as a regular bubble bar would have been, my skin was left soft and smooth afterwards, and I was rather impressed with the staying power of the fragrance overall. I could detect the wonderful aroma throughout my whole experience, and a gentle touch of butterscotch lingered on my skin afterwards - which was intensified when I slathered myself with the complimenting body lotion afterwards.

To claim that this fragrance will leave you salivating, is very much an understatement. It will leave you raiding the biscuit drawer and demolishing a packet of Hob Nobs before you even realise what you're doing. It's an enabler of the senses, and if you're one for foody smells, you'll want this bubble bar accompanying you into the bath every night. A great success that pairs perfectly with the bath bomb: if only that would make another appearance soon.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Clove Bud Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, *Eugenol, May contain: Colour 45410, Colour 47005, Colour 59040, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.50 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


Scent Family:
Yog Nog Bath Bomb
Yog Nog Body Lotion
Yog Nog FUN Bar
Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2014)

Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2018)
Yog Nog Perfume Oil
Yog Nog Shower Smoothie
Yog Nog Soap
Yog Nog Solid Perfume
Yog Nog Yule Log Bubble Bar Slice



No comments

Post a Comment


UP