Recently

12 January 2019

Love Token Reusable Bubble Bar



If there's one thing glitter does, it divides the Lush community very quickly, and can sway a consumer within seconds as to whether or not they want to invest in a product. Those who dislike glitter would have probably taken one look of this reusable bubble bar and run screaming from the shop. Although with reactions that adverse, we doubt these people would even have ventured into a Lush store to begin with.

Love Token Reusable Bubble Bar is a lovely idea in theory: a bubble bar with the words 'Thank You' etched onto the surface and coated in a beautiful layer of golden lustre. For all that they do for us, a partner or friend would be grateful to receive one of these as a token of our love for them - unless that person is the aforementioned glitter phob.

To be honest, I wasn't overly excited about the prospect of this bubble bar for the sheer fact that it supposedly shared its scent with the Gingerbread Man Sparkle Jar from the Christmas range. While I really enjoyed the fragrance of said sparkle jar, ginger is one of my least favourite aromas to smear all over my body, and so the idea of bathing it didn't exactly spark my interest.

When I received Love Token, I was actually taken back by how much stronger the smell is to that of the sparkle jar. While the Christmas product was fairly mild and mellowed out on the skin, this Valentine's Day release is much spicer and stronger. 

The ginger is definitely the most prominent element of this smell - offering a dry, spicy and very strong ginger aroma. Combined with the clove bud and guaiacwood oil, the fragrance of this is very spicy with warm woody elements underneath. While this is a Valentine's Day release, this wouldn't go amiss as part of a Christmas release: it's definitely a very comforting smell. 

Despite its size, this little golden token will offer you three rather lovely baths. Simply hold Love Token under the running tap and it will begin to produce wonderful golden yellow water, as well as cover the surface with an array of light, fluffy bubbles. As a disclaimer: if you wish to preserve some of the glitter on the surface for future baths, you may opt to cut this bubble bar into smaller pieces, and just use a single piece at a time. 

While reusable bubble bars are never as moisturising as a regular bubble bar, I was impressed to find that the water felt very sultry and slightly 'thick' across my skin. Although I moisturised after exiting the bath, my skin felt really soft after I had towelled myself down, and it was definitely more nourishing than some of Lush's more recent variations. 

Scent-wise, this reusable bubble bar made a strong impression in the water, and I was able to detect the ginger throughout my whole time in the whole tub. Having said that, I wasn't able to detect any of the aroma on my skin afterwards, which is where Gingerbread Man Sparkle Jar would have come in handy.

While very small and seemingly expensive for its size, Love Token produces the same number of baths as any other reusable bubble bar would. The scent is definitely different from most of Lush's more fruity, citrusy smells, so I did appreciate a change-up in the bath, and it certainly helped me to unwind after a long day at work. Having said that, the fragrance wasn't ever one that was going to blow me away to begin with, and the bath wasn't impressive enough for me to invest in another one.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth, Sulfate Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Ginger Oil, Pine Needle Absolute, Clove Bud Oil, Guaiacwood Oil, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 19140:1, Colour 77491, Colour 19140, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.

Scent Family:
Gingerbread Man Sparkle Jar
Love Token Reusable Bubble Bar




No comments

Post a Comment


UP