Recently

12 October 2013

1000 Kisses Deep Liquid Perfume



I'm not too sure whether or not I have mentioned this in previous posts, but I am in the process of trying to collect every single vegan perfume that Lush have ever released. This is an expensive and sometimes frustrating hobby to have; getting outbid by a few pence on eBay when you've found a rare specimen, can take it's toll at times. However, it's also a passion that has not only educated me on the different scents that one can create, but also exposed me to some of the wonderful backstories that give Lush the inspiration behind these scents.

1000 Kisses Deep was created by Lush founder, Mark Constantine, who created 1000 Kisses in honor of the lasting love he shares with his wife. Named after a Leonard Cohen song of the same name, 1000 Kisses Deep is an exquisite and delicate perfume with an apricot and mandarin scent mixed in with deep resins to give it a musky after-thought.

Originally launched in 2011, 1000 kisses gives off beautiful orange and mandarin notes that remind me of freshly made marmalade. This juicy, plummy scent is intertwined with a warm, earthy, autumnal hint of osmanthus and myrrh. For those readers unsure of what osmanthus is, I did a little research and found out that it is a Himalayan shrub that produces a floral absolute with green and fruity notes. 
Together these ingredients create a rich, complex and rather bright scent that supposedly 'encompasses the whole spectrum of feelings, the powerful rush of emotion, and conveys the abstract.' Although I am unable to comment on whether or not I feel it lives up to it's literal backstory, it does offer a unique scent that I would recommend trying for yourself.

This is a difficult perfume to describe as there are multiple layers that come out in various forces during wear. The main element of this fragrance is the citrusy scent of mandarin and apricot, although there is also a floral aspect which adds depth and complexity to the perfume. 

On paper, it sounds like your typical, run-of-the-mill zesty perfume, but there is definitely a sophistication here that needs to be experienced for oneself. This perfume accompanied me on my recent beach-holiday, and I really enjoyed it's company during those hot summer days. I highly suggest you ask to sample this during your next Lush visit and try it out for yourself.

Quantative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Myrrh Resinoid, Labdanum Resinoid, Osmanthus Absolute, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

Year Of Original Release: 2011. 

2015 Price: £32 for 30g.

Scent Family: 
1000 Kisses Deep Liquid Perfume
1000 Kisses Solid Perfume

1 comment

  1. Are they making this scent again at Oxford Street? I love the solid & would LOVE a liquid! Thanks Jen :)

    ReplyDelete


UP