Recently

6 October 2013

A French Kiss Bubble Bar



I'm going to be honest, I'm not immediately excited when I think about lavender scented products. I have definitely become more open-minded since discovering and falling head over heels in love with the Twilight Shower Gel. However, I would still pick a sweet-scented product over a herbal smelling one.

Old Design (Pre April 2015)
So when I received a Heart of Gold Gift Set this Valentine's Day, I was definitely more interested in trying the other products over the French Kiss. However, after a pretty horrible day at work, I was looking for something that would calm me down and relax my muscles. This is when I decided to try the bubble bar out for the first time.

Lush say to "Lie back and think of France. Sink into a landscape of Provence lavender fields and watch the white foam clouds drift by." This is exactly what I wanted to do when I crumbled the entire bubble bar under a running tap and watched the tub quickly fill up with lavendar-scented bubbles.  

This is definitely a very natural smelling product; combining the real natural essential oil of lavender with a hint of rosemary, thyme and coconut oil to give you a very fresh and uplifting floral aroma. If you have a strong nose, you may be able to detect the rosemary and thyme but the scent is predominantly lavender here. 


The bar produces an abundance of bubbles and creates water that is soft and silky. This latter point really helps you to relax and leaves your skin feeling soft, moisturised and replenished. The bar also turns the water a very deep shade of purple which was very pretty. While I used the entire bar in a single sitting, this product would easily see you through two or three baths if you were looking to conserve your product. 


While you don't want something so potent that it gives you a headache, I found that French Kiss had a very strong aroma. It stayed with me throughout the whole experience - filling the bathroom with a very natural lavender smell and leaving a trace of itself on my skin afterwards. However, it was still relaxing enough that I was able to unwind in the tub and proved to be great at inducing sleep on those more stressful evenings. 

Overall, this is a great bubble bar, but one that'll probably divide Lush fans quite a bit. If you like lavender or Lush's more natural, earthy, floral scented products, this is probably one you'd enjoy; if the smell of lavender offends you in anyway, I would suggest that you run very quickly in the opposite direction.

In 2015, Lush chose to reformulate this bubble bar, along with a few others - revamping its colour and scent to give it a much needed make-over. The new design is so much more effective in the bath and has now become a staple in my household - all down to how vivid and beautiful the new reformulated version turned out to be. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Citric Acid, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil, Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Lavender Sprig, Glycerine, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45430, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £4.25 each.
2015 Price: £4.25 each.





New Reformulated (2015):


Original:


2 comments

  1. Does this smell like the dream time bath melt?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jen!

    I absolutely adore this bubble bar, and get it regularly in the Relax gift set with my Twilight Shower Gel, but do you think that the price is a bit much for such a tiny bar? On the Lush site, I thought it'd be bigger, but it's teeny! I crumbled mine in the bag it came in and used about 1/6 of the powder, but for (locally) $10.50, it seems like it costs a lot for such a tiny bar.

    ReplyDelete


UP