Recently

27 October 2013

Celestial Facial Moisturiser


A year ago, I wouldn't have ever considered using face masks and facial cleansers and moisturisers. In fairness to my skin, the only issue I have with my face (apart from the big bags under my tired eyes), is that I occasionally break out in spots after eating too much junk food. And the solution to this? Eat less junk! I certainly wouldn't have thought that I would become reliant on a £10+ cleanser to smear all over my face.

However, my perfectionism means that not only am I intent on purchasing every Vegan Lush product ever made, but I also have to test them out - creating a situation where I might find products I want to use again! Celestial is one such product.

Lush describe this moisturiser as 'a heavenly moisturiser to make sensitive skin happy. Although it's true that some perfumes can irritate sensitive skin, like stronger spice oils, others are really good for preventing redness and reactions. Natural vanilla absolute is one of them. We use it in Celestial for its soothing effect and intoxicating scent. The dove orchid is used in Chinese herbalism to prevent inflammation; it is the only orchid with a delicate and delightful scent. Almond milk is also wonderful for calming the skin.'

Celestial is a beautiful creamy moisturiser that smells of fresh vanilla and nothing else. If you're someone who doesn't like heavy smells, this is one for you. What I love about the vanilla smell here is that it's not cloying like some vanillas can be - instead it offers a light, refreshing sweetness that is rather pleasant. 

If you're worried about lotions clogging up your skin, this is one that might appeal to you. It's a wonderfully light lotion that doesn't feel heavy or greasy on your face. It's been formulated to create a light barrier on the skin to stop the loss of moisture and keep sensitive skin feeling calm. Even though I don't consider my skin to be sensitive, I have noticed that my face definitely feels more moisturised and rejuvenated since using it.

While it did feel heavy for the first couple of seconds after application, it didn't take long for the lotion to be absorbed into my skin, and I discovered that it left a wonderful barrier of moisture across my complexion that made my skin feel plumper, more radiant and protected by the cold elements that threatened to dry out my skin every time I left the house. 

£12+ might seem like a steep price tag for such a small tub, but having used it daily, a pot still lasts me upwards of six months. It is silky smooth and sinks into your skin without it feeling heavy or clogged and removes all dryness from my skin. I apply it after my 6am shower and I could still feel the effects of Celestial when I got home after 7pm. It also helped to keep my make up in place by acting as primer for my complexion - double whammy!

Although there are many other facial moisturisers that I plan on trialling over the coming months, this is definitely one I'll go back to and use again. I'm definitely interested in hearing about how it works for those of you with dry or sensitive skin.

Quantitative Ingredients: Vanilla Water, Almond Oil, Almond Milk, Glycerine, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £11.75 for 45g.
2015 Price: £12.95 for 45g.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP