Recently

10 October 2013

13 Rabbits Shower Gel


When I initially received this in the post, I had no preconceptions. I hadn't read where the name had come from, or even what scent the shower gel was suppose to possess. It wasn't until my flatmate made a rather terrible joke about how the shower gel wasn't very vegan if it was made from 13 rabbits, that I decided to research the strange name. 

What I discovered, was that the title was inspired by a 1st century ruler called 13 rabbits, a Mayan Prince who was aptly named due to his unique signature, derived from the Mesoamerican calendar. As the Mayans were keen on spice and chocolate, Lush decided to name this shower gel after him.

It is described as a Chocolate Spice shower gel, containing a range of oils - avocado and peach kernel, jojoba and pumpkin seed, ginger root and clove leaf - to make it smell spicy and delicious. Initially, I was intrigued by this unlikely combination, and was excited to see how the avocado would benefit my skin.

However, I was instantly disappointed when a dark, rather runny substance greeted me in the shower. Those that appreciate chocolate smelling cosmetics, will no doubt love this rich, spicy gel. The chocolate scent is definitely the most powerful here, although there is a distinctive ginger scent directly beneath the chocolate. 

When being used in the shower, the heat from the water seems to separate the scent somewhat, and you get elements of cloves and cinnamon coming through. It reminded me a lot of those boxes of spicy teas that you can buy in health food shops.

When I received my bottle, some of the product had separated into layers, which I first thought was due to the age of the shower gel. However, when reading other reviews, I realise that this seems to be a 'flaw', much like the Olive Branch.

The shower gel does lather up well, although as it's runny, you often have to lather it up in your hands before smothering it all over your body. It does also leave the skin feeling smooth, which is no doubt thanks to the different oils. However, due to it's runny consistency, a lot of the product seems to get wasted when using it in the shower. 

In all fairness, I am not a fan of chocolate scented cosmetics, so it would have been very difficult to convince me otherwise with this shower gel. Despite this, I can see fans of Butterball and Sonic Death Monkey loving the rich, chocolately scent. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Suffate, Lauryl Betaine, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Extract), Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kemel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) See Oil, Camelia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Zingiber Officinalis (Ginger) Root Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Eugenol, Methylparaben.   

Vegan?: Yes




No comments

Post a Comment


UP