Recently

3 October 2013

Fruity Beauty Shower Gel


Fruity Beauty is another one of the limited edition shower gels that I managed to first get my hands on it, thanks to eBay. I had no preconceptions of this product when it first arrived but I was rather impressed when I caught whiff of the scent for the very first time. 

The shower gel is made up of a delicious blend of pineapple juice, aloe vera gel, vodka and a hint of raspberry; a beautiful, soft fruity-smelling shower gel that is perfect for the summer months. At first, I was a little worried about the vodka element as I'm not often a fan of alcoholic smelling products, and I have a particular dislike for the potency of spirits. However, both inside the bottle and when using it in the bath or shower, you never once smell the vodka element. 
Instead what you smell is the delicate fragrance of fresh raspberries, laced with the zesty, sweetness of ripened pineapple. This scent really reminds me of fresh fruit cocktails which I figured was the purpose of it, given that it's laced with vodka.

The aloe vera is very mild-smelling here, but it's presence helps to create a silky soft shower gel that softens the skin during and after use. The gel isn't one of the best to lather up  - creating more of an oily consistency like Lush's Rose Jam and Twilight Shower Gels. However, it does make you feel clean and re-vigorated and leaves a wonderfully rich scent on your skin. I could still detect this fragrance hours after use and it goes perfectly with the warmer weather. 

Having completed a little research on this shower gel before writing this review, I read that the vodka was added to create a cooling sensation in the shower. While I didn't experience anything like this when using it, it did help me to feel more uplifted and refreshed for the day. 

My only gripe is that this shower gel is an unwanted reminder of a heavy night out. You know that horrid feeling you get when you're recovering from a heavy drinking session and the slightest hint of anything alcoholic-related can bring about nausea? The scent of Fruity Beauty reminds me a little of this so I would stay clear of using it 'the morning after'.
Having said this, Fruity Beauty is a refreshing, fruity shower gel that is perfect for summer - if only Lush would bring it back for longer than a few hours so that others can enjoy it's yumminess! 

Quantitive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Lemon Decoction(Citrus Limonum), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Pineapple Juice (Ananassativus), Vodka, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Lime Oil (Citrus Aurantifolia),Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantiumbergamia),Myrrh Resinoid (Commiphoramyrrha), *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, *Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Colour 45410, Colour 45380, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £10.25 for 250g.
2016 Price: £11.25 for 250g.
2017 Price: £19.95 for 500g.
2017 Price: £11.25 for 250g.


3 comments

  1. lush are bringing this back right now at lush kitchen tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that Lush have brought this back - I purchased two bottles to enjoy over the summer months :)

      Delete
  2. OMG this sounds yummy, I hate I missed out on it ha. Guess that's the downside of being a "new" lushie :/

    ReplyDelete


UP