Recently

9 October 2013

Pied De Pepper Foot Lotion


I hadn't heard of Pied De Pepper until I saw a listing on eBay that had a small pot of this amongst other things. I did a little research, and when I discovered it was vegan, I knew I just had to try it. I am always keen to try out products to support and better the condition of my feet, as they're like my achilles heel (no pun intended!) when it comes to my beauty regime. 

While the original lotion was a rather ugly brown colour, the recent couple of batches that Lush have brought out have been more of a cream colour. However, I know not to judge a book by it's cover, especially when it comes to Lush products as it's often the least attractive ones that leave the biggest impression. 

With this lotion, the predominant smell here is cinnamon, although the ginger and clove are also quite heavily present in the mix. While the vanilla and lemon oil do add a subtle overall sweetness, it is the various spices that dominate the fragrance and make it a slightly odd lotion. It's not something I would consider smothering on the rest of my body, but it works well at eradicating unwanted smells on the feet.
When you apply the lotion to your feet you are left with an immediate warming tingly sensation and you can really feel it heating up your feet. What I also loved about this lotion, a surprising benefit that had not been mentioned prior to me using the product, was that it gave my feet a douse of colour. I'm not sure whether or not this outcome was a purposeful move from Lush, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Pied De Pepper contains clove, cinnamon and ginger which are meant to soothe muscles, stimulate the circulation and ease aches. The addition of extra virgin olive oil and cocoa butter means that this lotion also softens the feet and leaves them smelling divine. Furthermore, it's also excellent in cold weather for people who have cold extremities and like to warm their feet up.

A great aspect of this lotion is that you don't need to use a lot each time, and it tends to dry fairly quickly, so you're not left with oily, sticky feet that stick to the side of your socks. It's a great way to revitalise your tired feet, deodorising them and making them more presentable for those naked summer months. It's also a great lotion to use in the winter, when you need something to stimulate the warmth back into your feet.
I don't know how long ago Lush stopped selling this lotion but I hope they intend to bring it back - not just as a one-off from the kitchen. It's done wonders to my feet and I'd love to make it a staple part of my beauty regime.

Quantitative Ingredients: Vanilla Pod Decoction, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stearic Acid, Cocoa Butter, Triethanolamine, Clove Bud Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Ginger Oil, Lemon Oil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £8.75 for 100g. 
2016 Price: £8.75 for 100g.
2017 Price: £8.75 for 100g.

1 comment

  1. I was sad when I found out that this is a discontinued product with Lush! It was my favorite of all time foot lotion that kept my heels soft for days! Perfect product.

    ReplyDelete


UP