Recently

25 October 2013

Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb



Inspiring people to shudder in its midst, Lord of Misrule is a new bath bomb that was originally brought out as a limited product for Lush's 2013 Halloween range. Inspired by the ruler of the Pagan Feast of Fools, Lush claimed that the bath bomb brought mischievous revelry to the tub with a spicy herbal blend of patchouli and black pepper oil. With marketing as delicious as that, I couldn't wait to try this bad boy out in the tub.

When I first found out about this product, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, although I was rather intrigued (and slightly excited) to see what it could do, given its rather impressive name. Knowing how beautiful the patchouli scent helps to make one of my favourite scents, Karma smell so good, I couldn't imagine disliking this bath bomb, but I wasn't expecting to fall instantly in love with it and have it claim the spot of 'best bath bomb ever'.
When they were first delivered to my door, I was instantly bowled over by its look - a gorgeous shade of shamrock green, speckled with pieces of pink and white, and its scent; an incredible aroma of patchouli intertwined with the softness of vanilla absolute and the spiciness of black pepper. To me, the scent is reminiscent of both the Twilight and Luxury Lush Pud bath bombs but with a peppery twist.

As it slowly froths in the water, hypnotic swirling silver luster is released and the deep green exterior soon gives way to a rich, wine-colored center. This stunning red colour permeates the entire bath water and is one of the most stunning shades I have seen come from a Lush bath bomb.
The scent is even more pronounced when in the water and maintained its scent throughout my entire bathing experience. The water left my skin feeling wonderfully soft and cleansed and the peppery scent lingered on my body for a long while after. If you're looking for a gentle scent, this isn't it. Lord of Misrule comes at you with all it's got, and leaves a very strong impression on yourself and the environment.

This has become one of my favourite ever bath bombs from Lush and I feel it would make a wonderful addition to the permanent range. It's unique in smell and look, and is wonderfully decadent. I highly recommend that you grab yourself one (or ten?!?) if you ever get the chance. I really hope that Lush realise how unique and wonderful this scent is and choose to release other products that feature this scent as I would buy them up like they're going out of fashion.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Cream of Tartar, Black Pepper Oil, Patchouli Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Gardenia Extract, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 19140.


Vegan?: Yes


2014 Price: £3.75 each.

2015 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:
Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb
Lord Of Misrule Body Conditioner
Lord Of Misrule Body Lotion
Lord Of Misrule Body Spray
Lord Of Misrule FUN Bar
Lord Of Misrule Liquid Perfume
Lord Of Misrule Liquid Perfume
Lord Of Misrule Naked Shower Cream
Lord Of Misrule Perfume Oil
Lord Of Misrule Shower Cream
Lord Of Misrule Solid Perfume
Monsters and Aliens
Rough With The Smooth Body Scrub

Witches' Cauldron FUN Bar







17 comments

  1. I completely agree. You write such amazing reviews. I'm excited for the LOM perfume. I'm skipping out because health comes first but I'm sure you'll write a great review on the perfume too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I might very well buy a couple of extra and treat you all to another competition down the line. Nobody should have to live without Lord Of Misrule :)

      Delete
    2. "I'm skipping out because health comes first " What do you mean honey? You got me worried xx Carmen

      Delete
  2. I have just ordered 6 of these from the kitchen based entirely on reviews having never even tried the scent!! I hope I like it. Everyone raves about it so it must be good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed - they are incredible definitely in my top 5 favourite bath bombs of all time :)

      Delete
  3. So Ive just had my first LOM bath and.......oh my days!! Is it normal to want to drink my own bath water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Welcome to the LOM obsessive club! It's better than good, right?

      Delete
  4. My boxing day order arrived yesterday, so I tried my LOM. Absolutely beautiful. I haven't tried the smellbound cocktail yet as I wanted to know how it preformed solo.Actually when I saw it I realised I had tried it but at a time when I had had radical ear surgery and all my taste and smell was off. Your review brought it to my attention again and I am glad it did or I might have overlooked this gorgeous ballistic. Just sorry i didn't get the perfume now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Another converted fan - I'm so glad you loved it - it's stunning! You definitely have to try LOM by itself first so you can appreciate it's beauty. That's not to say that that cocktail is not also amazing :)

      Delete
  5. I have always been a massive patchouli fan. I was unsure how vanilla would blend but it adds a subtle sweetness which really works. I got my ballistics in different gift sets and there was quite a difference in the intensity of the fragrance. In one of the sets the ballistic seemed smaller and this one was more intense. I have saved this for my cocktail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looking forward to trying LOM! I luckily found someone selling 2 so I got them after hearing rave reviews about it...I'm a big fan of Twilight & Luxury Lush Pud, so I'm sure this will be a big hit & I'll have to find a dozen more somewhere, lol :-D Are these out every Halloween/Christmas? Does the Lush Kitchen make them occasionally during other times of the year?? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - I get a little giddy when I think about people trying LOM for the first time. Twilight and LLP would both make my top 5 bath bombs, with Lord Of Misrule being at number one so I definitely think you'll love it! Let me know - I love hearing about other people's experiences!

      Last year was the second year they've been out at Halloween and they normally disappear around the first week of December. I'd like to think that they'll be back this Halloween as it's a very popular product. Having said this, Ponche was really popular as well and that wasn't released properly the Christmas just gone, so who knows.

      I'm not sure if Lush would being it out earlier than Halloween to be honest but I can see them perhaps bringing out other products with the same scent, for example a shower gel or a body lotion. I would love it if they did however, and I would definitely stock up!

      Delete
  7. I hope this comes back for Halloween this year, I'm dying to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jen,

    I've become a lush addict about three weeks ago and the addiction is getting worse and worse... ;) Thank you for all your reviews that helped me get clarification on so many things and decide better!!! As smells are very individual though, I found that not all things you like are perfect for me... so when I read about the LOM bath bomb, I was sceptical, especially as I didn't really smell anything when I tried the shower gel in the shop, so I didn't buy it.. but the bath bomb somehow was very appealing, and I finally bought it a week ago.. and today was the day to try it out - and OMG are you right!! It is the best best best smell ever, and I already thought that of about 10 other smells from lush :) It's plain fantastic :) So, one more LOM fan out there.. :)
    bye and thank you
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I am so glad that my blog has helped you out! And welcome to the Lord Of Misrule fan club - it really is amazing isn't it? In the shops, I can't quite believe how different things smell to when you get them home, but I'm glad this one worked out in the end! :)

      Delete
  9. I have the Magical Zoetrope gift box for Christmas (which I can't actually have until the day *cry*) and LOM is one of the bath bombs in it! So excited since I've read so many reviews on the bombs that's in it and this one is the one I'm most looking forward to. Apart from Dragon's Egg lol

    ReplyDelete


UP