Recently

15 February 2016

Dream On Bath Bomb



Whether its because I'm now ancient, because my preferences for different fragrances has somewhat matured over the years, or because I have bouts of severe insomnia at times, but I have developed a real interest in lavender scented products. When I discovered that Lush was bringing out Dream On Bath Bomb in the Kitchen, I was really excited to get my greedy mitts on a handful - a reaction that would have been completely different, had the release occurred a few years ago.

Sharing its scent with the Dream Cream family, this soothing and very cooling bath bomb has threads of chamomile, tea tree and lavender throughout - the former ingredient being the heavier note, and the one that helps to give this fragrance most of the calming properties that makes it so beautiful.

Much like the body lotion, this limited edition bath bomb has a very cooling, soothing smell - one that takes the naturally sweet and slightly herbaceous note of the chamomile, the powdery floral aroma of the lavender and the aromatic note from the rose, and creates an interesting but equally inoffensive fragrance. It's not a smell that most people will wholeheartedly love, but it is one that promises the zen-like experience that this ballistic ultimately offers.

Despite its size, this bath bomb packs a punch. Upon contact with the water, Dream On immediately begins to froth and fizz - sending out waves of creamsicle-orange that helped to create a vibrant but equally relaxing looking bath. Surprisingly, the scent remained fairly potent throughout the experience, and I was really impressed to find that I could still detect a faint hint of the product on my skin afterwards. I only say this latter point because my experience with a lot of chamomile-dominated cosmetics tends to side with the fact that the ingredient just doesn't have lasting power on the skin, and with this bomb I was proven wrong.


Coupled with Dreamwash Smoothie during the bath, and a generous helping of Dream Cream lathered on afterwards, this ballistic is the perfect accompaniment for: those with sensitive skin: consumers who are looking for something to restore skin that may be irritated or sun-damaged; and those searching for something highly relaxing to aide relaxation and sleep. 

With a generous helping of both cocoa butter and jojoba oil to soften and condition the skin, and the inclusion of rose absolute to replenish and restore the skin's natural moisture levels, this is exactly the sort of product you need throughout the early months of the year. I often find that my skin becomes rather dull-looking and feels rather parched during January and February, despite drinking more fluids and moisturising more frequently. Something like Dream On is great for that immediate relief, and leaves your skin looking and feeling so much better because of it.   

What is impressive is that once the bath bomb has fully dissolved, you can see a thin layer of oil on the surface of the water. This means that it only takes a few seconds of submerging yourself under the water to begin noticing how silky-soft your skin becomes in such a short space of time. Furthermore, while you would expect to feel fairly greasy because of how  much extra 'butter' is floating around the tub, I was relieved to find that Lush have created the perfect balance. There is enough here to condition your whole body without leaving you feeling like you've thrown an entire massage bar into the water. 

My only grouch with this bath bomb is that once the water has been drained, you can develop grease stains around the rim of the tub. These are easy enough to wipe away, and definitely don't stain the bath like some products have been known to do, but it does mean that you need to give your bath a good rinse after using one of these. 

While these wouldn't win a place in my list of top ten bath bombs from Lush, I will definitely enjoy the handful I left to use. And whenever I feel as if my body needs a fast response to weathered skin, this will be the first product I turn to. This would definitely be my number one choice to soothe sunburnt or irritated skin.     

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Gardenia Extract, *Linalool, Perfume.

2016 Price: £3.25 each.
2017 Price: £3.25 each.

Vegan?: Yes. 

Year Of Original Release: ?

1 comment

  1. I don't know if you already heard abou it, but there's a new product in Lush US http://www.lushusa.com/Hand-of-Friendship/06764,en_US,pd.html

    ReplyDelete


UP