Recently

12 February 2016

Ickle Angel Bot Bath Bomb





There are some things in life that don't always transpire in the way you'd expect them to. When I purchased a handful Ickle Baby Devils and Ickle Baby Angel Bots, I just assumed that it would be the latter that would make the better impression on me. On the site these looked far more appealing, and while I knew neither would match up to Ickle Baby Bot, I expected the angel to shine brighter than the devil.

Yet, when my packages arrived, I was surprised to discover that the Ickle Angel Bot was far scarier than I would have fathomed it would be. Rather than inspiring trust, the glazed look and beaming smile made me feel a little uncomfortable - the deadpan expression reminding me of the unwaning stare of porcelain dolls in a shop window.

Containing lavender, sandalwood and chamomile, this limited edition supposedly shares its scent with both Ickle Baby Devil Bot and Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb. To me, this bomb has a light but rather cloudy lavender scent, with the chamomile perched just below this with its clean, clinical floral aroma. A thin note of sandalwood rounds it off, giving it a very subtle woody aroma to finish.

Despite the ingredients reading the same way as the two aforementioned Bots, I was surprised to find that I could smell a distinct difference between the Devil and Angel variations. Whereas the latter has a very clean, crisp floral aroma, I found that there was a stronger emphasis on the lavender and chamomile, whereas the Angel Bot seemed to be more powdery, and focused more on the lavender aspect. 

As well as the scent variation, there is a slight difference in the experience that this product offers in the water. In the tub, this ballistic dissolves just as quickly as its siblings - offering a purple tingle of colour as it does so. However, unlike the Devil Bot Bath Bomb, the subtle element of colour completely disappears within a matter of seconds. 

Not only are you left with a bath tub that looks 'untouched' by the ballistic in terms of colour, but also one that has one of the gentlest aromas I have ever experienced from Lush. The scent of this is so faint that any other products you use while in the tub will thwart the fragrance with very little effort.



Surprisingly, the bath bomb does make a slight change to the water - it definitely feels a little softer, and the essential oils that are included in making the product, soothes and moisturises your skin a little while relaxing your mind at the same time.

As I mentioned in my review of the above two products, this is another bath bomb designed for children, so I wasn't expecting it to be as powerful as any of Lush's normal bath products. And as it stands, this is great for children because the aroma is gentle enough that it wont be overbearing for them, yet it is strong enough that it will hopefully induce sleep soon afterwards.

While it's not a bath bomb I would rave about, Ickle Angel Bot Bath Bomb is a great accompaniment for the younger Lush fans, and can also be used as part of a cocktail for the slightly more mature audience. Either way, using one of these was a great trip down memory lane, and I hope that other products from a similar era make an appearance at some point. However, this is not one I would be willing to invest in again.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 15510,

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £2.75 each.

3 comments

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaand your description of this product is why I rush to click every time one of your reviews pops up on my RSS feed. Love it.

    Lis / last year's girl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathroom design ideas are available for every bathroom in every house. Find ideas to create a gorgeous shower area in your bath. Recessed or canned lighting, however, is not the most ideal as a bathroom's main or only lighting source as it casts shadows across the face. When we talk about bathroom furniture, no one can deny the fact that cabinets are the most important feature of bathroom furniture. Get More Information about Bathroom Furniture UK

    ReplyDelete


UP