Recently

29 February 2016

Tramp Solid Perfume


Regular readers will know that Tramp is one of my least favourite scents from Lush. While patchouli is one of my favourite notes in other products, there is just something that doesn't sit well with me when it comes to the collaboration of smells featured in this scent family. Although I have definitely grown to appreciate it more as the years have gone on, it's not one I would gravitate towards, if given the choice.

For this reason, I wasn't all that excited about trying the brand new solid perfume that was up for sale in the Kitchen. Out of the three releases - Snow Fairy, 29 High Street and this one, I was fully expecting this one to be my least favourite. For this reason, you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that I actually really liked this perfume - so much so that I dug out my shower gel to use in my showers for the preceding week.


With very few ingredients, it's surprising to discover just how many different layers make up this fragrance - from the initial aroma in the tin, right the way through to how the perfume changes on the body over time. This is a perfume that takes a journey on your skin, and one I feel lucky enough to be able to experience.

As to be expected, both the oakmoss and patchouli dominate this very unique collaboration. From the tub, the smell of the oakmoss is overwhelmingly strong - a dark, green, foresty sort of smell that reminds me of dried dirt and hay combined. It's a smell that by itself would be rather horrible, but is redeemed by the much-needed patchouli.


This latter ingredient rests just below the oakmoss and provides an almost piercingly-sweet but equally spicy note to the solid perfume. This not only gives the other component a much needed lift, but it is this element that matures on the skin and remains present long after the oakmoss had faded into obscurity.


While the perfume didn't appeal to me all that much initially, I appreciated the fact that over the space of 30-40 minutes, Tramp mellowed quite a bit on the skin - the oakmoss taking a back step while the patchouli pushed forward and offered a sweet, warming fragrance to enjoy.


Massaging my finger across the surface, I applied the perfume to my pulse points (on both wrists and neck), and found that the perfume immediately got to work at maturing with the warmth of my skin. Here it remained for a good couple of hours before I could no longer smell it. Having said that, a few colleagues commented that they could smell it at this point - it had just lost its grip on my own senses.

Overall, I was really surprised by how much I actually enjoyed wearing this perfume, and coupled with liquid variation, I have actually started warming a little to the strange but rather alluring ways of Tramp. It's one I have to be in the mood for, so I wont be wearing this very often. However, I can see myself wearing this an awful lot during the warmer months. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Patchouli Oil, Perfume, Oakmoss Absolute, *Eugenol, Oakmoss Extract, *Isoeugenol.

Vegan?: Yes.


2016 Price: £9 for 12g.


Year Of Original Release: 2016. 



Scent Family:
Tramp Body Lotion
Tramp Liquid Perfume
Tramp Shower Gel
Tramp Shower Jelly
Tramp Solid Perfume


1 comment

  1. Tramp is easily top 5 best Lush scents for me, but I have found that its more of a seasonal love. can't wait for summer to really enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete


UP