Recently

9 February 2016

Ickle Baby Devil Bath Bomb




It would be very easy for me to race full-steam ahead and slate this product in my review. Not only is it perhaps the smallest bath bomb I have ever purchased from Lush, but it is also one of the least impressive in the tub. Having said this, there is a reason why I am withholding this tirade of negativity, and reflecting on my experience before carving my words.

Much like Ickle Baby Bot, the Ickle Baby Devil Bath Bomb is designed for a specific purpose - a ballistic created for children, hence the size and gentle nature of the aroma it possesses. For this reason, I cannot inflict judgements on it from an adult perspective, because it is obvious that it wouldn't fare well in this circumstance. 


Packed full of lavender, sandalwood and chamomile, this is a miniature bomb created with the intention of being used in shallow baths. Simply pop one into the water, and the essential oils will get to work at softening the skin, and offering a soothing, relaxing experience before bedtime. 

This is great for children because the aroma is gentle enough that it wont be overbearing for them; yet it is strong enough that it will hopefully induce sleep soon afterwards. Ultimately, this helps those tired parents get their little ones off to bed without much of a fight, leaving mums and dads to free up time for themselves - perhaps to enjoy a bath of their own! 


As an adult, who doesn't hold the responsibility of looking after any children outside of the classroom, I wanted to see if these limited edition ballistics could serve any purpose for me, and I was impressed when I found that they were rather enjoyable from the more mature perspective as well. 


While I wouldn't say that the outcome was as successful as what Ickle Baby Bot achieves (which is probably why the latter is a permanent product and this isn't), I can say that after adding one of these to my bath, I did notice that it softened the water a little. This was impressive because the bath bomb was not much bigger than one of Lush's current lip balm tins, and I was expecting it to all but vanish in the wide expand of the tub.


The fragrance itself was a simple lavender aroma, coupled with a touch of chamomile that gives it a fresh, clean and rather clinical element. While it did vanish somewhat once it had fully dissolved, I was surprised to discover that the components of this reappeared when I was towelling myself down, and I went to bed with a gentle floral aroma to fall asleep to.

Overall, this is definitely not the world's greatest bath bomb, but it's a nice little edition to use for either young children, for those who appreciate lighter-scented products, or to use as part of a cocktail. Although I probably wouldn't invest in these again, I will enjoy using the few I have left, and they'll work as a great 'top up' for when I need that extra soothing element before bed.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.


2016 Price: £2.75 each. 


Year Of Original Release:

Scent Family: 
Ickle Angel Bot Bath Bomb
Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb
Ickle Devil Bot Bath Bomb




2 comments

  1. Hi, Jen! I was wondering if you've read the "The Smell of Bullsh*t" series by mitheringsfrommorningside! It's an interesting, if distressing, look on how they treat their employees and the rougher parts of LUSH. I've always been an avid LUSH fan and am not sure whether I'll continue buying from them, after reading through a few pages of it. I know how much you value their ethics, and I think it might be good for you to read! Just so you have a view of both viewpoints where LUSH's treatment of people is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a former employee of LUSH, I can personally testify that most of what I read on that site is utter crap. Either outright lies, or seriously twisted truths. Sure LUSH isn't perfect, no place of employment is. But I've never had such a wonderful work family and loved going to work most days. I've never heard anyone complain about how they were treated by the company, quite the contrary. The one thing I will say is that I wish they paid more, but my store's bonuses ultimately made up for it. As a general rule, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Especially from a site that seems to have a hard on for knit picking at LUSH.

      Delete


UP