Recently

22 February 2016

Spring Bunny Bath Bomb




My opinion on Lush's new Easter range is slightly torn this year. On the one hand, this range is largely dominated by bright, citrusy smells, and this ticks every box because I regard these to be my favourite sort of fragrances. However, I also feel a little sorry for those who dislike the fruitier smells and were no doubt hoping for a more diverse selection within the range.

When I picked up a small handful of Spring Bunny Bath Bombs during my recent trip to Lush Oxford Street, it was these very cuties that overpowered every other product in my bag, and also dominated the noses of every passenger travelling with me on the train home. Needlessly to say, I received some very strange but equally quizzical glances.

Bursting with lemon oil, I was expecting this seasonal release to be one that I enjoyed, but not one that was going to blow me away. Very similar to Bon Bomb in scent, my initial thoughts were that this bright yellow ballistic was going to be very one-dimensional - a single note of lemon, magnified in store but quick to fade away, once in the bath tub. I was very very wrong.

This gorgeous bunny-shaped delight is incredibly powerful - with both the strength of its aroma outdoing most other bath bombs currently available in store, and its moisturising properties equalling to that of the likes of Butterball. Spring Bunny definitely has some 'bite' to it - acting like the chihuahua amidst a sea of Great Danes - its impressive smell testimony to the statement 'size doesn't matter'.  

To say it's uplifting is an understatement. This bath bomb is an abundance of zesty goodness - a sharp, fizzy, fruity lemon aroma that reminds me of hard-boiled lemon sherbets and crisp, fresh scoops of lemon sorbet. It's a fairly simple aroma - offering little else aside from the potent lemon note. However,  there is something very alluring about the smell that prevents it from being one you'll want to brush over.

Upon contact with the water, Spring Bunny immediately begins to dissolve. Whereas I was assuming it would be a loud fizzer and one that disintegrated within a matter of seconds, I found that this bath bomb frothed a lot slower, and  was far quieter than expected.

Throwing out waves of both yellow and white foam, the water is soon tainted with a very gentle and rather translucent chartreuse shade of yellow. As our little animal friend continues to shrink and ultimately disappear, it sends out a handful of blue streaks that make it slightly more interesting to watch.

Once dissolved, you are left with a very nourishing bath. While there is little evidence of the oils on the surface, Spring Bunny contains enough lemon and carrot oil to be one of the most moisturising bath bombs on the market. Furthermore, the addition of the latter oil helps to detoxify the body while you're bathing in the waters, so you're left feeling clean and smooth, with your skin gaining a radiance about it which lasts for hours.

While the scent didn't remain on the skin for very long after I exited the bath, the fragrance was strong enough to withstand a full hour of me bathing in it, and I could still smell it whenever I walked past the bathroom for the rest of the evening.

This is definitely a bath bomb I would recommend, and I'll be buying another small handful to see me through the rest of the year. For a product so small, and one that I assumed would be boring and 'flat' in scent, it has outdone my expectations and is currently one of my favourite products available in Oxford Street. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sicilian Lemon Oil, *Limonene, Laureth 4, Carrot Oil, Water, *Citral, Colour 47005, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.45 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016.




4 comments

  1. Aww I really love the look and sound of this one! It's so adorable. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen as always love Blog have Dr. Appt. In morning so sleep and I will not be together long tonight so I am buying my Easter Range since its the 28th of March here And a few party bag stuffers for my Jessies Birthday she has Prom this Saturday I'm flipping out we were just getting out of Middle School���� haha Finally I have been cutting back since American Cream lotion , Grass and Flying Fox buys for hubs birthday it keeps him in his Favorites and me a Happy Buyer haha I actually got him some Dirty SpringWash, Dirty soap was one of his 1st just for him items we still have a block for his after work Hand soap We own a pool company and it is just Amazing on his hands with the Chemicals he deals with keeps his hands tip top that and Magnificent my favorite haha anyways love your review I was gonna just buy a few obvious items I already ordered 4 Gold Egg melts you said were a must have with lotion from UK fingers crossed they make it I wasn't thinking but A/C lotion just mailed the 7th and I ordered at 240am morning of release and of course weather this and next week high 80s 90s and climbing Fla winter over straight to SUMMER anyways long short now I am gonna have to get gift set To try Spring Bunny I just don't think I will forgive myself for not getting one I love anything Lemon and thanks for honest reviews about how sweet items can be I just got Yummy Sg. at your suggestion and I love it First I soaked a Lovers Lava in it with a whole PEEPING SANTA BB. I used yuzu in hair with A/C rinse and Strawberry field massage for lotion it's different but I love it ... Not everyday material for me but yea it was a 30 something page bath I kept reheating water... So once again Great Reviews Hope life is well and Thanks ... Oh mighty one of KNOWLEDGE
    JENISE , CHADD and JESSIE Groff
    @mrs.jenisegroff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen as always love Blog have Dr. Appt. In morning so sleep and I will not be together long tonight so I am buying my Easter Range since its the 28th of March here And a few party bag stuffers for my Jessies Birthday she has Prom this Saturday I'm flipping out we were just getting out of Middle School���� haha Finally I have been cutting back since American Cream lotion , Grass and Flying Fox buys for hubs birthday it keeps him in his Favorites and me a Happy Buyer haha I actually got him some Dirty SpringWash, Dirty soap was one of his 1st just for him items we still have a block for his after work Hand soap We own a pool company and it is just Amazing on his hands with the Chemicals he deals with keeps his hands tip top that and Magnificent my favorite haha anyways love your review I was gonna just buy a few obvious items I already ordered 4 Gold Egg melts you said were a must have with lotion from UK fingers crossed they make it I wasn't thinking but A/C lotion just mailed the 7th and I ordered at 240am morning of release and of course weather this and next week high 80s 90s and climbing Fla winter over straight to SUMMER anyways long short now I am gonna have to get gift set To try Spring Bunny I just don't think I will forgive myself for not getting one I love anything Lemon and thanks for honest reviews about how sweet items can be I just got Yummy Sg. at your suggestion and I love it First I soaked a Lovers Lava in it with a whole PEEPING SANTA BB. I used yuzu in hair with A/C rinse and Strawberry field massage for lotion it's different but I love it ... Not everyday material for me but yea it was a 30 something page bath I kept reheating water... So once again Great Reviews Hope life is well and Thanks ... Oh mighty one of KNOWLEDGE
    JENISE , CHADD and JESSIE Groff
    @mrs.jenisegroff

    ReplyDelete


UP