Recently

11 May 2014

Think Pink Bath Bomb



Over the last couple of weeks, I've been reading back through some of my old reviews and I was shocked to find that I had yet to do a review of Think Pink. I couldn't tell you the number of times I've had a bath courtesy of this wonderful ballistic; it's probably one of my most used bath bombs ever. 

To me, this ballistic epitomises everything that I love about Lush; it's a sweet, fruity cocktail of vanilla, lavender and tonka bean, combined together to form a full-on feminine blast in the bath. Think Pink is one of Lush's smaller products, a vivid pink-shaded bath bomb decorated with three multi-coloured candy hearts that remind me a little of iced gems. However, it's size does not effect it's performance and I find it works just as well as their larger ballistics. In fact, it rather outshines some of their regular products!

When dropping it into the bath, it immediately begins to fizz; turning the water a beautiful deep pink colour and releasing little hearts of confetti that decorate the bottom of the tub. These hearts are very slightly glittery, which makes the bath look beautiful without staining the sides with silver or gold lustre. These hearts then wash away when you pull the plug, making it a mess-free experience. 

From the moment the ballistic hits the water, and throughout the entire bathing experience, the smell remains with you, saturating the air in the bathroom and lingering on your skin for hours afterwards. This is definitely not a ballistic for anyone who dislikes potent smells. My only advice for those wanting to try this ballistic out, is to make sure the one you purchase in store, is a fresh one, as I find older bath bombs tend to lose their scent and may not give you this fantastic experience.

Think Pink contains a mixture of Vanilla and Tonka absolute, and these scents are definitely the most dominate here. Together, they create a musky smell, while the tonka adds a sweet caramel undertone. The addition of Neroli gives it a sunny citrus top note, while lavender adds a floral sprinkling to finish. Together, these scents help to relax and clear your mind; the perfect experience before a night out. 

As with most Lush ballistics, this one didn't possess anything to moisturise my skin. However, there is a slight softness in the water which does leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed. My skin also retained a good bit of the fragrance, and I received quite a number of compliments the following day, from my work colleagues who could still detect it's sweetness on my skin and clothes. 
Although not as gorgeous as The Comforter, this bath bomb definitely comes a close second for those of you who want a sweet but sophisticated-smelling bath. It's great to use anytime you're craving something sugary but don't want to indulge in anything that may sabotage the diet. It's a firm favourite in my house, and one I'll continue to buy for years to come.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Tonka Absolute, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Neroli Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool, Pink Heart Confetti, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Candy Flowers.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2.65 each.



2 comments

  1. I was rather disappointed with my bath bomb, it dropped to the bottom of the bath and let off a very weak scent. It was brought a day before I used it, is this normal? As I really loved the smell of the bomb before it hit the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any hearts in mine but I do love the scent and colour of the water

    ReplyDelete


UP