Recently

3 May 2014

Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar


Over the last few months, I've been desperately trying to reduce my collection of massage bars; I seemed to have amassed a large number of them over a short space of time, and I'm aware that these sorts of products can dry out quite a bit if left for too long, unused. Wiccy Magic Muscles was not a massage bar I was particularly excited to try, and not one at the top of my list; I had read about the love/hate reaction that people tended to have with the product, and I assumed that I would be one of the less-impressed parties. I love it when I'm proved wrong!

As the name suggests, Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar is designed to moisturise and soften your skin, as other bars do, as well as soothe and eradicate aching muscles. Unique in its appearance, this massage bar is patterned with a layer of aduki beans on one side, and a smooth surface on the other. The addition of beans is supposed to give a bumpy platform for which to massage your body with, and help to reduce any aches and pains that you're suffering from. 

I found it effective to massage my body using the smooth side first, and only when the oils had bled onto my body, use the uneven side to massage the oil into my skin. This worked wonders for me post-workout or after a hard-day's work. However, this method was only effective for roughly 4-5 uses before the beans began to crumble from the bar and I ended up with a mound of beans and very little lotion left to use.  

As expected with any Lush product, Wiccy Magic Muscles contains an impressive array of ingredients to help aide it's massaging properties; cinnamon leaf oil is added to help counteract feelings of depression, weakness and exhaustion, as well as being an antiseptic, antibiotic and analgesic ingredient;  cocoa butter, Shea butter and coconut oil are present, to moisturise your skin and give the bar it's oily consistency; peppermint oil is used to help unwind the muscles and stimulate relaxation of both the body and mind. All of these ingredients work together to stimulate the circulation of blood under the skin and help to loosen the muscles. 

Within seconds of applying it to my skin, I experienced a tingling sensation - very similar to when I used to use the Original Source Mint Shower Gel. My skin felt really cool and refreshed after application, and this feeling continued for some time. I cannot wait to try this massage bar in the warmer months as it'll work wonders to help cool irritated or sun-kissed skin, or just as an evening treat to counteract the sticky, humid weather. 

This massage bar has a very distinctive, very potent smell that would probably not appeal to everyone. To me, it smells strongly of peppermint with a subtle chocolately scent; the fragrance is very similar to that of After Eight mints, but with a very slight menthol aftertaste. Although not my favourite smell, I've come to appreciate it a lot more, and it does work at making you more relaxed and stress-free.

For a product I was not interested in trying, I was very impressed with the results that Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar demonstrated. In fact, I would say it is probably one of my favourite massage bars from Lush. I love that there is a bumpy side to massage the oils into my skin. Although, it is this side that lost the massage bar from getting full marks; the addition of the aduki beans does reduce the lifespan of this product and make it a little fiddly to use towards the end.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Aduki Beans, Shea Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2 comments

  1. As well as reducing these stress levels, regular massages can assist overall physical and mental well-being. 마포 출장안마

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. I’m glad I have taken the time to see this. butterfly stretch muscles

    ReplyDelete


UP