Recently

3 December 2014

Superstars Bubble Bar


The first time I came into contact with Superstars Bubble Bar was when I won a set of discontinued Lush bath products on eBay, back during the summer of 2013. Although it looked and sounded amazing in theory, when I smelt it for the first time, I was rather underwhelmed with the scent it gave off; a bland, soapy fragrance that didn't really represent the Lush that I normally know and love. 

However, when the company released these during their Christmas retro range last year, I was intrigued to see whether or not this product was indeed as boring as my first experience suggested, or whether it was in fact the age of the product that had effected it's overall scent. As I suspected, this bubble bar had a lot more to it than the old, slightly shrivelled up version I had received in the post. 

Firstly, Superstars is one of Lush's must attractive bubble bars to date; the electric crimson shade of red with the yellow star in the centre immediately makes this product much more appealing than any other bubble bars in their regular range. It has a fun element to it, which makes this a perfect candidate for gifts as well as young children, who would no doubt choose this over most other bath products. 

However, although the bar is supposed to smell of strawberries, I was a little disappointed that the berry scent wasn't a very fresh one. Usually, I would expect my Lush products to be more natural smelling than this, although that's not to say that I didn't still enjoy it's scent. In fact, I was rather glad to discover that this bar is one of the strongest smelling bubble bars I've tried from Lush so far, and it's scent remained with me throughout the entire bathing process, and even into the next day, when a plumber even commented on the 'lovely scent' he could smell in my bathroom.    

Another positive aspect of this bubble bar, is that it contains lots of key ingredients to supposedly combat stress, exhaustion and depression - a great reward for those of us working 14 hour days at the moment! Superstars contains angelica root, black pepper and celery seed oils - all of which are meant to help unwind your tense muscles and decluttered mind. I did find that this scent helped to clear my head and give me some clarity on various stressful situations I was trying to work through at the time.

As you can see from my video, it's very easy to crumble this bubble bar and it doesn't take long for the thick, foamy bubbles to form and multiply across the tub. As I was feeling greedy that particular day, I used the whole bubble bar for one extremely luxurious bath. Although, given the amount of bubbles that this bar heeded, you could probably half or even quarter this and use it across four separate baths. 

The water turns a beautiful deep shade of red and this bubble bar creates an amass of silky, soft bubbles, which cocoon you whilst you're in the tub - leaving you feeling like a real 'superstar'. The various oils used here really soften and moisturise your skin whilst you're in the tub, and I found that the sweet, fruity scent remained on my skin for hours after I had exited the bath. Finally, the colour of the water is really warming and is very inviting after a hard-days work. 

Lush claim that Superstars will make you 'reminisce of strawberry ice creams at the seaside, or strawberry jam scones on a picnic.' Although I didn't really find that the bubble bar reminded me of either, I did really enjoy the scent it gave off. I once read a review that described the fragrance as 'balsamic-strawberry' and I think this is the most accurate description. 

While not a bubble bar that would enter into my top 5, it is one I would like to try again, and it's one that I'll be stocking up on if it ever makes an appearance in the kitchen. Fans of Yummy Yummy Yummy will love this as I can definitely see a similarity. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Geranium Oil, English Angelica Root Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Celery Seed Oil, Limonene, *Linalool, Gardenia Extract, Colour 14700, Colour 45350.

Vegan?: Yes.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP