Recently

20 December 2014

Green FUN


The Lush FUN line consists of five different coloured bars, each with a different unique scent. You have Pink FUN, which is a fruity candy smell, Yellow FUN, which has a vanilla scent, Red FUN, which is mandarin and orange, Green FUN, which possesses a lemon and lime scent, and Blue FUN, which offers a lavender scent. Lush have also branched out with two limited edition additions to the FUN range, but no other designs have been made a permanent member of the family. 

In all honesty, I have no idea why it is the Green FUN that I have chosen to leave to last - given that it's the most appealing scent of them all as well as being my favourite colour. Nevertheless, I wasted no time in ripping off the wrapper and crumbling a large chunk under the running water. 

As with all of the FUN bars, I like to use mine as a replacement in place of more expensive bath ballistics when I'm on a budget. As with all of the other FUN bars, this one instantly began to fill my bath tub with fluffy, zesty bubbles and quickly transformed the water into a wonderful shade of green.  

A single £5 bar will easily give me 4-5 baths, although I found that this bar was also rather effective as a replacement for shower gel. Although it is an expensive alternative, I enjoyed lathering myself up with this and smearing green foam across my body. (I won't deny that I might have made a few Hulk noises in the process!)

With a generous helping of both lemon and lime oils, this bar has a wonderful citrus scent that I think smells identical to Maynard's green wine gums. Furthermore, these rich oils help to clean and nourish the skin nicely and my skin felt clean and uplifted afterwards. 

At £5 a pop, though, some may say this a rather expensive alternative to shower gel, particularly if you've bought it for your children to play with during bath time. Firstly, if you use it as an ingredient in your bath concoctions, it's definitely value for money. Secondly, despite only trying it once, this bar does lather up quite nicely when used as a shower gel, so when used sparingly, it might very well out-last any bottle of shower gel you throw at it (not literally, of course!).

However, like with every variation of FUN, it's incredibly tricky to store. You have to cut your pieces carefully; too small and you'll drop the pieces down the plughole - too big and you'll find that any left over will become a sticky, sludgy mess that will coat anything in site. The Green FUN was particularly fiddly in the shower, and I lost quite a bit down the plughole to begin with. 

As Lush say, this would make a lovely companion for children to have some fun with in the bath. And with it's lovely scent, it does make for any enjoyable experience. However, there are far better products available from Lush and it's not one that will become a permanent fixture in my bathroom. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lime Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5 for 200g.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP