Recently

20 December 2014

Lord Of Misrule FUN Bar


After the raucous surrounding the limited edition perfumes a couple of weeks ago, Lush announced that they would be bringing out five new FUN bars by way of apology. The idea was that for every bottle purchased, Lush would ship out a FUN bar of the same fragrance; to make up for the fact that the perfume wasn't filled to the top of the container.  

While I was rather excited to know that I would be receiving fourteen bars of commercially-unavailable FUN to play with, I like many others was not exactly sold on the idea that 10ml of missing perfume really equated to a bar that probably cost the company £1 to make. However, Lush seem to be starting the process of refunds as well, and I've received enough compensation to make me a happy consumer again.

Lord Of Misrule FUN is as incredible as it sounds on paper - I'll even say that this is easily my favourite FUN bar to date. Made from a spiral of bright green and pink, this also happens to be the most attractive edition as well, and perfectly compliments the scent that accompanies the product. 

Made from a combination of black pepper and patchouli oil, as well as vanilla absolute, this is a spicy but equally sensual experience. Upon opening the wrapper, you can immediately detect the inclusion of the pepper. Yet, the inclusion of the vanilla softens the harsh after-scent of the pepper and gives it a wonderful, almost sweet element to it. The patchouli is very subtle underneath the other two notes and just helps to pad out the overall aroma and give it a little more depth. 

This FUN bar smells exactly like both the perfume and bath bomb that it shares it's scent with, and it works just as well as these other two products. Often certain scents don't often work well in particular formats (see Celebrate Perfume), but this one is gorgeous. It leaves a wonderful subtle sweet and peppery aroma on your skin after you've exited the shower, which is very comforting and can then be topped up with the perfume if you desire.
As with any other FUN bar, you can use this in an array of different ways. Firstly, it can be used much like a bar of soap or a shower jelly - being rubbed across the body to clean and soften your skin. Lord Of Misrule was very easy to lather up and it left my skin feeling wonderfully smooth and soft. While it does create colourful but rather unattractive suds to clean with, these wash off without staining your body or the bath tub.

Secondly, this can be used in place of a bubble bar - held under a running tap to create a surplus amount of bubbles and a beautifully fragrant bath to enjoy. Again, this bar worked well in this way and I really enjoyed being able to bathe in the fragrance without using up one of my precious bath bombs. I cut a slice that probably equated to a sixth of the bar and this gave me more than enough bubbles, so this works out cheaper than a regular bubble bar. The only negative aspect about using it in this way, is that the mixture of green and pink create a sort of mauve-coloured water, which isn't exactly attractive to look at. However, with the aroma it gives off and knowing how wonderful my skin felt afterwards, I was able to forgive it for this.

Finally, it can be used instead of a shampoo - rubbed into the hair and scalp in the same way you would a normal solid shampoo. While I haven't had an opportunity to test this out, I can imagine it being just as effective as every other FUN bar, and will probably leave your hair smelling amazing.

Overall, I am absolutely in love with this FUN bar and would buy this regularly if Lush ever chose to make it a permanent. While the company claim that these will not be released to purchase, I can imagine them making an appearance in the Lush Kitchen within the next year or so. If they do, make sure you get in their quick, otherwise I will be purchasing the lot. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour (Zea mays), Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Black Pepper Oil (piper nigrum), Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Limonene, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 19140, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: Not Available for retail.

Scent Family:
Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb
Lord Of Misrule Body Conditioner
Lord Of Misrule Body Lotion
Lord Of Misrule Body Spray
Lord Of Misrule FUN Bar
Lord Of Misrule Liquid Perfume
Lord Of Misrule Shower Cream
Lord Of Misrule Solid Perfume
Monsters and Aliens
Rough With The Smooth Body Scrub

4 comments

  1. I have never actually been so jealous of anyone in my life ever. I missed all the LoM stuff on the kitchen and this looks like a wonder product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find a bar of this precious stuff without someone asking $35 for one! LOM is my fave Lush scent & I'm VERY excited about the new Monsters And Aliens Fun launched at Oxford Street (that I hear shares the LOM scent)...I did manage to get a small bottle of the luxurious shower cream & a Rough With The Smooth sugar scrub from a sweet friend, but I can't get myself to use them until I get backups, lol! They smell so good! And I did get a generous sample of the LOM Fun as well, amazing how concentrated the scent is in that bar of Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aliens & Monsters FUN is basically this now :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


UP