Recently

25 February 2015

Leap Frog Liquid Perfume


In 2012, Lush released a number of limited edition products to celebrate Valentine's Day. One of these was the strangely named, Leap Frog Perfume, a fragrance designed to match that of the ballistic with the same title. Although I was unlucky enough to miss purchasing one of the ballistics, I did manage to grab myself a bottle of the scent.

My first impressions were that this perfume does not suit the name Leap Frog. It's a very rich and musky scent, reminiscent of early 80's floral fragrances, and doesn't play homage to it's title in the slightest. 

Lush have included a whole range of scents to create this fragrance, all of them known for the ambidextrous properties they possess; Jasmine is the main ingredient here, knowing for it's warm and seductive properties, this scent definitely adds a sexiness to the overall scent. Whether on your skin or in the bottle, jasmine is at the forefront; showcasing a strong but equally sweet and light layer of floral gorgeousness. 

Next up is rose absolute, another warm and sensual smell that compliments the jasmine perfectly. The absolute adds a slight powdery tone to the overall scent, which gives Leap Frog that dry edge that you'd expect to get from preserved flowers. Sandalwood sits comfortably as the base note, adding a slight rich and woody scent to add depth to the smell; Neroli ties all of the ingredients together and adds it's own sweet, fruity aroma.

When combine, these ingredients produce an exquisite, evocative and wonderfully sexy perfume, one that wouldn't be out of place next to the Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana. It's definitely a musky scent, however it's light enough not to be too cloying or heavy on the wearer. Much like a designer perfume, it sits on your skin for hours at a time, and I found that I didn't have to top up at all during the day. What made the experience even better, was the many compliments I received about that 'gorgeous smell' I was wearing. 

I was definitely pleasantly surprised with Leap Frog; it's name gave me the impression that it was going to be a simple perfume with very little scent. However, it's the complete opposite. My bottle of this is dwindling somewhat so I hope that Lush decide to bring this back so I can stock up. I'd definitely vote for this to be made a permanent fixture in their perfume range, and I'd recommend you try and seek out a bottle to try yourself.

Quantative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, *Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Citronellol, Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, Methyl Ionone, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP