Recently

8 February 2015

Playdoze Bubble Bar




For those who are regular readers of this blog, you'll probably be aware that I have issues with my sleeping - something I have suffered with since my early teens. Therefore, any product that Lush bring out that may help to rectify and regulate my sleeping patterns, I'm all over like a rash. This bubble bar was one such product.

Playdoze Bubble Bar was originally released in 2004, and while on the surface it looks like a psychedelic 90's party in bubble bar format, it's main purpose was to soothe and ready children for bedtime. It's luminous yellow colour, accompanied with it's Playdoh-esque design, was created to appeal to kids, while the inclusion of lavender and ylang ylang creates a gentle but strong relaxing fragrance to aid a good night's sleep. 

While the ylang ylang oil is one of the main ingredients in this bubble bar, it is the lavender that comes through as the strongest note, and for good reason. This is a very natural-smelling product, which means that the lavender is not the powdery, potpourri type that you would normally expect from cosmetics. Instead, it's a very natural, 'green' sort of smell - one that has a gentle sprinkling of ylang ylang to add a subtle sweetness and a touch of fennel to add a mild liquorice-like note underneath.

As with most of my bubble bars, I only needed to use half of this to create a good-quality bath. The product is fairly easy to break and crumbles easily - producing a mound of lightly-fragranced bubbles that perch on the surface of the water and create a beautiful blanket to submerge yourself under. 

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find that the water didn't turn a fluorescent colour and in fact remained rather untouched by the bubble bar completely. While there was a hue of green, this didn't remain for very long and the water returned to it's natural colour very quickly. Whether this would be different if I'd added the entire product, I don't know, but I'd consider it a waste to use the whole bar just to stimulate some colour when I had enough bubbles and scent when using only half. 

Despite the lack of colour, the aroma that Playdoze gave off was strong enough that it remained prominent throughout the entire experience and I was able to detect it immediately after it had first made contact with the running water. What I loved about this bubble bar was that, while the sweet, lavender aroma was potent enough to stay prominent throughout the entire experience, it wasn't overpowering - offering a gentle, soothing aroma that helped me to unwind and declutter my mind.   

Not only this, but the water itself was very soft, and when I exited the bath, I found that my skin really felt smooth and clean. While I still needed to moisturise afterwards, I loved the fact that I could still detect elements of the aroma on my skin and I chose to use Dream Cream to match that scent. 
Ultimately, I really enjoyed using this bubble bar and found it to be very calming and relaxing before bed. While it won't cure insomnia, it does help you to unwind and relax and this is always appreciated when you live a busy and rather hectic life. However, it's just a shame that the water doesn't change colour all that much. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cardamom Oil (Elettaria cardamomum), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare), Perfume, Colour 59040.

Vegan?: Yes.


2015 Price: £3.75 each.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2004.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP