With some products, you're able to guess pretty well from the description what the item might smell like, and while you can never be one hundred per cent certain of its fragrance, you're not normally that far out. However, there are some occasions where the ingredients list gives very little away, and the surprise is discovering the mystery aroma upon receipt of the product. Such is the case with Ladybird.
A brand new release for this year's Mother's Day range, this gorgeous looking bubble bar is a mystery - in both how this bath product actually ties in with the seasonal selection to begin with, and also how very different the aroma is when compared to the ingredients that have gone into making this limited edition beauty.
On the brightside, I cannot fault the design of this little critter at all. Sporting a vivid red and purple appearance, this definitely showcases Lush's ability to produce unique and attractive products. You'd be hard-pressed to find a cuter product in the store right now, and it's unlikely you'll be able to walk past it without at least giving it a sniff or two.
What is surprising is its smell. While it contains geranium and peppermint oils as the main ingredients, the aroma I make out is not what I was expecting at all. My initial thoughts upon removing the product from the bag was that Ladybird was far sweeter than the write-ups suggest.
Immediately I could detect a strong, sugary-sweet smell that reminded me very much of Snow Fairy Shower Gel. When opening a bottle of the seasonal favourite, I get a very sickly, syrupy scent that reminds me of pear drop sweets and bubblegum, and this to me is very similar to one of the main notes in this bubble bar.
Alongside this is the note of peppermint, which is what I think gives this product its uniqueness. Rather than a straight forward sweet smell, the peppermint gives it a refreshing element that sets it apart from other Snow Fairy, Creamy Candy inspired cosmetics. It's a very cooling smell - one that doesn't have the sharp kick that you would normally expect from mint-scented products, but one that is definitely at the forefront of the fragrance.
What is interesting is that if you continue to smell the bubble bar, you do begin to recognise the floral elements that the geranium brings to the table. However, the combined efforts of both this and the peppermint, causes the former ingredient to have a very different impact on the overall smell of this bubble bar.
This is quite a stubborn bubble bar to break down so you might need to crumble this up before running the tap. Having said this, once Ladybird begins to work her magic, the water is transformed into a stunning deep, warming red colour. Furthermore, the abundance of silky-soft, fragrant bubbles is promising, and they cocoon you throughout the whole experience - I was very impressed.
What is also fantastic is that the water itself is very moisturising. While Lush's bubble bars tend to be far superior in the water than their bath bombs, it is a rare occasion when I discover a bubble bar that is as nourishing on the skin as this one. After exiting the bath, I found my skin felt refreshed and soft, and this feeling lasted all the way through to the following day.
Not only this, but the scent of the product remained really prominent throughout the whole bathing experience. I was in the tub for a good hour with this one, and I found that I could still make out the fragrance of Ladybird on both my skin and in the water, despite using an array of equally potent cosmetics that would normally outshine certain bathing products.
I would expect this bubble bar to heed two to three good quality baths, or more if you decide to use it as part of a cocktail. While the scent certainly isn't my favourite from Lush, I really appreciate that it's a new fragrance, and I cannot fault its productivity both in the bath and afterwards.
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Geranium Oil, Peppermint Oil, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.
Vegan?: Yes.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.
Year Of Original Release: 2016.





Here's a bath cocktail recipe I recently thought up :) I call it "A Sweet Refresh"
ReplyDelete-1 intergalactic bath bomb
-1 think pink bath bomb
- 1 ladybird bath bomb
-1 MMM bath oil
-Wash with and add lashings of Freeze shower gel and Snow Fairy shower gel
This bath cocktail will leave you feeling refreshed and smelling sweet!
Oops-I meant to write ladybird bubble bar, not bath bomb! Silly me :P
DeleteLove this little guy; personally I think it smells like those rocket shaped ice lollies, with a slight floral undertone :)
ReplyDeleteLadybird is too cute! He sounds like he smells amazing, too! Makes me wish I had a bathtub. Also, I love the new banner!
ReplyDeleteOh my... I can see me stocking up on these bad boys! I bet they'll go beautifully with Intergalactic bath bomb! :D
ReplyDeletehttps://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/
Omg, just had a bath with this divine little bar, so wish i had stocked up on a few of them as it was amazing, gorgeous smell, very bubbly and has left my skin super moisturised, makes me sad i've actually used him, i hate when lush only bring things out seasonally especially when they smell so damn good!!!!
ReplyDeleteI just love the ladybird that I already have 5 of them
ReplyDeleteHow I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Aluya can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at: aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on: +2348110493039 you can also go through his website draluya48hoursspelltemple.webs.com/
ReplyDeleteHello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteVia whatsapp: (+12166263236)
DR WALE I want to appreciate you for all the good things you did for my family. My parents have been having issues settling themselves, but nothing seems to be working for them. they separated and that gave us the children's some much harder time. We want to see our both parents back together, so we had to contact DR WALE because DR WALE was the man that helped my sister to settle in her marriage when she had an issue with her husband. So, we contacted DR WALE to see if he can bring our parents together. When we reached out to him, He asked us how long our parents have been separated. We told him for SIX years. He said that isn't a problem. After everything was done. We discovered that it was our mother's best friend that did everything to see that our parents weren't together. But all thanks to DR WALE our parents are finally back together. We are united as one big family now. If your parents are divorce and you want them back together DR WALE is the best man to contact. You can contact DR WALE Via WhatsApp OR Viber: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteWhen I was pregnant I never knew that my husband and nanny were having an affair. I never suspected anything like that was happening behind my back, What I noticed was that my nanny kept disrespecting my decision anytime I tried to correct her. she'll look down on me and never take my words seriously. This kept going on. One faithful day I tried to question her wrong doing in the house before I could speak up, she flamed up at me telling me not to question her actions any more, when she said that believe me my eye got blurry then she pushed me out her face. When my husband returned from work I told him what happened. My husband couldn't do anything about it. When I tried to stand my ground my husband and nanny attacked me. My husband then went into our room, packed all my luggage and threw me out of the house telling me he's not Interested in me anymore. I left the house in pain and tears asking myself where everything went wrong. So before then I have read on the internet where a lady was given a good review about DR REETHESH . I took the DR REETHESH number and shared what has happened to me. He told me to make payment for all materials which I paid for. DR REETHESH did spiritual caster and found out that my nanny was sipping an evil substance in my husband's meal and water to drink, So that my husband will maltreat me and send me packing out of our home. But thanks to DR REETHESH he came to my rescue. My nanny was exposed and all her evil plans failed. Today my husband and I have welcomed our child and we're living happily again together. I'll advise you to contact DR REETHESH If you have any trouble disturbing your mind. Contact him Via WhatsApp: +2349012999010 OR Email: reethesh60@gmail.com
ReplyDelete