Recently

5 October 2017

Lush Puppy Lip Scrub



While Lush have only had three events to date, it's become a normal affair to look forward to their showcase events. Not only is it a way to connect with the companies, charities, people and places that go into making Lush what they are, it's a great opportunity to get involved with exclusive up-and-coming products before they hit the shops. Unfortunately, there are some products that make an appearance only to disappear into obscurity, for whatever reason the company decide makes it unworthy of a commercial release.

Lush Puppy Lip Scrub is one such example - a brilliant, vibrant sugar scrub that smells like the world's freshest bowl of sorbet. Sharing its scent with the now discontinued Passionfruit Lip Balm, this rare gem smells like a glass of rich, fruity passionfruit juice, with an abundance of sweetness that will have you salivating with each and every use.

Featuring sweet orange oil as the key ingredient, this scrub offers a warming burst of fruity goodness, which is far sweeter and more rounded than I was expecting. I definitely wouldn't describe Lush Puppy as being in any way citrusy or zesty. While I couldn't detect any rose in the overall aroma, I would say that it does bring a gentle syrup-like essence, which is what gives this scrub its passionfruit aroma. Finally, the vanilla adds a subtle, warming layer that again contributes to the overall smell, but doesn't exactly offer up much by itself. 

As with any of Lush's lip scrubs, the basic premise is that these remove excess skin or dry patches on your lips, and leave them super smooth and kissably soft. To use, simply scoop a little out with your finger and massage the product across your lips, in a circular motion. You can apply as much or as little pressure as you like, before either licking your lips of patting them dry with a damp cotton pad. You can then follow this up with a lip balm, lip stick etc...

The inclusion of the sugar and the carefully selected oils means that this product can be ingested. This means that you can apply this while you're out and about, and you don't have to worry about carrying tissues with you to clean up afterwards. You'll find that Lush Puppy has a very subtle fruity taste, which definitely made the whole experience more pleasant, and perhaps made me eat slightly more than is recommended in a single use.

Afterwards, I found that my lips were really soft, and the dry skin had all but disappeared. My lips also appeared to feel and look slightly plumper, which was a welcome reward, and a great boost before heading out for the night. Moreover, once I had applied my lip balm after, I discovered that my lips stayed feeling and looking refreshed for the rest day and into the next. For those who have quite parched lips, I would suggest that you should use this once in the morning and again, just before bed, to heed great results within a day or two. For those who just want softer lips, a few times a week would be more than enough to achieve this. 


My only grouch with Lush Puppy, as is with every other lip scrub, is that things can get a little messy when applying the product. Despite my best intentions, I always find that I get sugar on the clothes I'm wearing, and scattered across various crevices in my face as well. Maybe it's just my inability to use this product correctly that heeds these problems, but I feel I should still warn you that things can get a little messy at times. 

Overall, this is a wonderful addition to Lush's lip scrub collection, and it's a shame that the company haven't yet made it into a commercial release. I would definitely like to see it released at some point in the near future, and I hope other products in the same fragrance make it into the range at some point as well.

Quantitative Ingredients: ?

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £5.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Lush Puppy Lip Scrub

Passionfruit Lip Balm



1 comment


UP