Recently

18 October 2017

The Snowman Bubbleroon




I cannot think of The Snowman without hearing the incredible voice of Aled Jones', singing Walking In The Air, echoing around in my head. However, this isn't a bad thing at all. Memories of that song stretch right across my childhood, my teens and into my adulthood - it holds a place in my heart that this limited edition bubbleroon has since joined.

As I'm always attracted to the damaged ones, my Snowman Bubbleroon arrived with a missing eye. However, regular ones are supposed to sport two juniperberry eyes and a miniature orange nose for decoration. This seasonal darling is the perfect festive accompaniment for the bath, as not only does it offer a soft and gentle fragrance to enjoy, but it'll leave your skin beautifully pampered and ready to face the winter weather. 

While they share similar names and designs, this does not share its scent with the discontinued Melting Snowman Bath Melt. However, it does share one thing in common, which is that although both exclusives look rather colourless, they're both amazing at moisturising the skin. After using one of these, I could feel an immediate difference to my skin, particularly on my hands and feet, which felt so soft and silky smooth.

For those not familiar with the concept of a bubbleroon, Lush took the idea of a macaroon delicacy - two biscuits sandwiched together with a creamy filling - and made a cosmetic version. As with all of their previous reincarnations, this one is sandwiched together with a delicious centre of cocoa and shea butter, which normally makes it more softening than a regular bubble bar.

The Snowman features both Sicilian lemon and lemon myrtle oil to offer a gentle, lemony aroma in the bath. The bubbleroon is neither citrusy or zesty at all, and I wouldn't describe it as being particularly fruity either. In fact, the inclusion of the soya milk adds a creamy element to the fragrance that reminds me very much of Granny Takes A Dip, just without the heat of the ginger or pepper.

What is great about this seasonal bubbleroon is that it melts really slowly in the water, even if (like me) you like your bath scolding-hot. It took a good twenty minutes to fully dissolve in the water, which meant that the scent was consistent throughout the experience and the water continued to soften from beginning to end.

The downfall of this little fella is that he's rather heavy, so will sink to the bottom of the tub, unless you hold him. It would have been nice to watch him float across the surface, just because I normally find bath melts relaxing to watch as I'm submerged beneath the water. 

Having said that, The Snowman is big enough to use across at least two baths, which makes him great value for money; his scent is gentle enough to sooth so and relax you, while still offering enough fragrance to detect while you're in the bath; and he's moisturising enough to leave your skin looking and feeling really soft and clean after you've towelled yourself down.

While I told myself that I wasn't going to purchase any more of the seasonal range because of my current financial situation, I will be grabbing a couple of these to see me through the next couple of months. This is definitely one I hope will make a reappearance next year, as my skin can rely on his magic to replenish and nourish the winter blues away.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Styrax Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Soya Milk Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 15510, Dried Juniperberries.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Year of Original Release: 2017.


2 comments

  1. I always thought that the bubbleroon was bubble bath and would dissolve under running water. Have I been doing it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a bubbleroon/bubble bar, not a bath melt...? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete


UP