Recently

3 October 2017

My Two Front Teeth Bubble Bar




Lush have gone all out on their bubble bars this season, probably because we've been inundated with so many new jelly bombs across the year that those little bars of sodium bicarbonate have perhaps been feeling a little left out. While I seem to feign more excitement for the spherical kind online, I tend to opt for bubble bars a lot more than I actually give them credit for. 

My Two Front Teeth is not only a superbly designed specimen, but its a bubble bar with a difference. This is not a product covered in glitter, or marketed with puns about Santa and gifts and snowmen: this is a seasonal special focused around a little known character that often gets overlooked throughout the year: the tooth fairy. 

Given that I was a 'sweets fiend' when I was younger, I was visited far more frequently by the tooth fairy than I care to admit. Luckily, I have since realised the important of eating a healthy balanced diet, and my teeth are not at the risk of backing their bags and running away with the sunset. However, that does not mean that my sweet tooth doesn't flare up every now and again, and this bubble bar is a great way of satisfying these urges without ingesting too much sugar.

Sharing its scent with the new Think Pink Bath Bomb, and the now-discontinued Pink Custard Shower Jelly, My Two Front Teeth is a bubble bar for those who like sweet and playful floral aromas. While a lot of people disliked the fact that Lush changed the scent of the aforementioned bath bomb, I happen to really like the new and improved scent, and this bubble bar is the perfect accompaniment - offering the same fragrance, albeit a little less powdery and slightly more subtle overall.

The inclusion of the tonka and vanilla absolute gives this bubble bar a rich, creamy layer that reminds me of musk combined with decadent vanilla ice-cream made from vanilla pods. It's delicious and warming, yet not as heavy or as sickly as you might expect. This is because of the inclusion of the neroli, which uplifts the fragrance slightly in the mix and adds a very delicate sweet, green note. Finally, the lavender intertwines itself around these notes and gives the bubble bar a naturally sweet, herbal scent. You don't get the heavy, brash sort of lavender that you find in A French Kiss, and to some extent Big Blue Bath Bomb.          

When crumbling under the running tap, this bubble bar worked like a treat: almost melting in between my fingers as it made contact with the water. Immediately, an amass of bubble began to form across the surface, and it didn't take long for the whole tub to be filled with light, fluffy, fragrant bubbles. Futhermore, the water turned a wonderful shade of magenta and the water appeared visibly smoother.

Although I was disappointed to find that the scent is rather delicate in the water, so any products you use will thwart the fragrance very quickly, the water was still super soft and moisturising. My skin felt noticeably better within minutes and this continued long after I had exited the bath. Moreover, the inclusion of the lavender helped to decluttered some of the stressful thoughts I had at the time, and I genuinely felt so much more relaxed afterwards. 

As to be expected, I didn't find that the scent lingered on my skin much after towelling myself down. For this reason, I started thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a Think Pink perfume to go alongside these other products, and I am now convinced that this is one of my better ideas. I for one would advocate this release for certain. 

Overall, this is yet another impeccable bubble bar from Lush, and I will be buying a few more to see me through the coming months. My only grouch about My Two Front Teeth is that scent wasn't as strong in the water as I would like it to be, and I would probably use a Think Pink Bath Bomb alongside it to boost up that wonderful fragrance.       

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Tonka Absolute, Vanilla Absolute, Neroli Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, *Coumarin, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 16035.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017. 

Scent Family: 
My Two Front Teeth Bubble Bar
Pink Custard Shower Jelly
Think Pink Bath Bomb



1 comment

  1. I believe this bubble bar is named in reference to the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" :)

    ReplyDelete


UP