Recently

12 October 2017

Pink Pumpkin Bubble Bar




Let's be honest: it's not exactly the most attractive of bubble bars. While there are people that love the allure of 'all things pink', I for one am certainly not somebody to gravitate towards anything of that nature. For this reason, the following product already lost a brownie point when compared to its older sibling.

A new release for 2017, Pink Pumpkin Bubble Bar is not the same scent as Sparkly Pumpkin, which is just as well as the two were released at the same time, and it would have been a pointless move from Lush. However, I cannot say that I was over-excited by this rendition as the aforementioned Halloween 'classic'.

Containing a combination of bergamot, geranium and jasmine absolute, this limited edition offers a gentle floral aroma. While not one of the three components reminds me of Autumnal/winter weather, it does make a nice change from the usual spicy fragrances that normally appear at this time of the year.

While the scent was in no way terrible, I was rather underwhelmed by just how forgettable it was. Comparing the smell to another cosmetic, I would say that it reminded me slightly of baby wet wipes - that gentle, pretty but rather generic-smelling aroma. Those who have rather sensitive noses and may wish to opt for the lighter scents, you may find this rather pleasant. However, those of us who love and appreciate Lush's more complex smells may find this a little disappointing.

What was lovely was how soft this bubble was, and how easy it was to crumble under the running water. The heat of the water did elevate the smell a little during the experience, but I still wouldn't say that it made that much of an impression of my senses, and the aroma soon got drowned out by the other products I was using at the time.

As to be expected, the water turned a pretty shade of pink and you could see the slight glimmer of the lustre under the surface of the water. Pink Pumpkin produced a good amount of bubbles, and most of them stayed with me throughout the entire bath. However, the colour dissipated a little when the tub was full. 

Much like most of Lush's bubble bars, this one left my skin feeling soft and moisturised, although not to the same level as some of the better seasonal bars. on offer this year. I found that I had to use a body lotion afterwards, just to top up that nourished feeling, and keep my skin in good condition throughout the day. 

Overall, this bubble bar does it's job: it's pretty to look at; offers a lovely floral fragrance; and moisturises your skin while you're bathing in its waters. However, there is nothing particularly memorable about Pink Pumpkin that would drive me back into the shops to purchase more of them. For this reason, this will not be one I'll be buying again.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Titanium Dioxide, Calcium, Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl, Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Colour 45380:3, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Cinnamon Stick.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

1 comment

  1. https://www.etsaydaraz.com/Kohinoor-gold-plus-In-Pakistan.html

    ReplyDelete


UP