Recently

28 June 2018

Avocado Wash Shower Gel



So let's be honest: this shower gel was never going to get a low rating from me - even if it sprouted wings and ran away with my grandma. The fact that it even has the word avocado in the title already merits it a four out six, and that's before I've even sniffed it, or seen if it actually works. Objectivity at its best, wouldn't you say?

Avocado Cowash was the first product from the opening of Lush Oxford Street that quite literally blew my socks off in every single  way. With so much to review in those opening days, I remember rummaging through my multiple bags, picking out the items that stood out to me the most, based on their scent alone. I remember when I pulled this brand new solid hair product from my hoard, time quite literally stood still. 

Not surprisingly, it was the fragrance of this product that initially made me fall head over heels in love, so the idea of a shower gel with the same scent is something I'm having a hard time trying to get over right about now. If you're looking for someone with a flair for the dramatic, you should refer to the way I've just described this shower gel and head in my direction. 

Avocado Wash is one of three brand new shower gels that were released a week ago in the Lush Kitchen. Sporting a bright and beautiful shade of spring green, this limited edition looks like a summer cocktail in a bottle, and smells like one too. With bergamot, litsea and olibanum oils combining together to produce its smell, this shower gel smells like a slice of fresh lime cheesecake, with an extra helping of sunshine to boot.

The litsea oil is what gives this shower gel its wonderfully sweet and fruity aroma, while the olibanum adds a note of gentle woodiness that helps to ground the overall smell, as well as adding an extra kick of richness that you don't often find when it comes to Lush's citrusy aromas. If there was one shower gel that I would be tempted to drink, this one would certainly be it.

Compared to the cowash, this shower gel is mildly stronger in scent, without losing any of its beauty. In fact, I find that the fruity element is slightly brighter and more uplifting in this format, which makes Avocado Wash far more appealing than its older sibling. Some Lush fans have claimed that they find this release to smell almost synthetic because of the heightened smell. However, I cannot say that this is something I have experienced at all. 

As with both of the other limited edition shower gels released last week, the consistency of this one is fairly runny. From the bottle, it almost looks on par with water. However, when it's squeezed out of the bottle it does appear slightly thicker, but not far off the likes of Black Pearl or Ghost. However, this works to its advantage because I find that I need to use very little with each shower: a fact that's going to prolong the life of my bottle for a good few months.

There is something about the composition of Avocado Wash that means this shower gel tends to separate on a daily basis. You may find some of the oils will rise to the top of the bottle overnight, and you will need to give it a shake if you want to get a good consistency when cleaning yourself. Despite this, the shower gel works perfectly in every other way.     

Not only does it produce a thick, fragrant foam that coats the skin and leaves it feeling super soft and clean, but the scent lingers on the skin for a good couple of hours afterwards. While this makes me pine after the thought of a liquid perfume with this fragrance, it does mean I can enjoy the wonderful smell while I travel to work in the mornings. The crisp, clean, fruity smell helps to uplift my mood first thing; wake me up enough so that I can face the day ahead; and allows me to feel relaxed and clear-headed to come up against any challenges.

Furthermore, the inclusion of the olibanum oils and the avocado oils mean that this shower gel is also fairly moisturising on the skin. After sitting in an unpleasant, non-Lush, bath yesterday, Avocado Wash helped to nourish my skin, that was clearly not enjoying the lack of moisture in the products I had used. This shower gel came to the rescue and remedied what could have been an awful experience. 

Overall, this shower gel is exactly what fans of this scent want. Not only does it produce the fragrance we all know and love, but it cleans the skin, leaves it looking and feeling toned, and offers up a smell that will wrap itself around you for a while after towelling yourself down. My one bottle will be very much loved until the last drop has been smeared all over me, and I can imagine it will only be a matter of time before other products appear in this aroma. A bath bomb with this fragrance would be to die for.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Bergamot Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Olibanum Oil, Carrageenan Extract, Organic Avocado Oil, Gardenia Extract, Fresh Avocado, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Amyl Cinnamal, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Chlorophyllin, Colour 42090:2, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £11.95 for 275g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Avocado Cowash Body Spray
Avocado Cowash
Avocado No Wash Body Lotion
Avocado Wash Shower Gel
Don't Touch My Hair Hair Marshmallow
Melusine Bath Bomb
Minamisoma Shower Oil



No comments

Post a Comment


UP