Recently

1 December 2018

Avocado Co-Wash Body Spray



I think it's been quite a year for Avocado Co-Wash, and I say this with happiness. Back when Lush first revealed the cheese-looking slab of hair treatment during their opening of the Oxford Street store, nobody expected it to become one of the community's favourite scents. Even when I attempted to eat it on camera a few years ago, I had no idea that I would see such a large family of products come forward with the same smell.

This year we have been privileged to see both a bath bomb and a body lotion come out with the same fragrance: both of which were superior to many of their peers released at the same time. The release of the body spray this week only goes to show that Lush have once again created a fragrance worth investing in.

While this may disappoint a few fans, I will start by saying that the fragrance of this limited edition body spray is more in-keeping with the original hair treatment. Since the release of both Meluzine Bath Bomb and the body lotion of the same scent, fans have probably been enjoying the extra fruitiness that has been featured in both. This is not present in the body spray format.

As I have said in my reviews of the other limited edition body sprays, the immediate smell to come from the first spray is one of alcohol. Sometimes body sprays need a few days/weeks to settle in their format before this element goes away: it's perfectly natural. With this in mind, you might also experience the body spray maturing over time, so the aroma is deepened in the bottle, and therefore on your skin. This is the great thing about Lush's perfumes and sprays: they get better with age.  

When it comes to Avocado Co-Wash Body Spray, the inclusion of the lime-esque note that most fans have come to expect, is slightly dampened in the overall aroma. That's not to say that this fragrance is in any way weak, or indeed a terrible replica. It's just that the fruity smell you get from this is much more rounded and warmer on the skin. 

After allowing the spray to settle on my body, the litsea cubeba oil comes forward immediately and offers the juicy, fruity smell that fans of this aroma love. As I have stated in nearly all of my reviews of the products that harvest this scent, the smell of this is like a bright, mildly zesty lime cheesecake, but without the citrusy note you would normally expect from the inclusion of lime oil.

Alongside this, the olibanum oil adds a rich, sultry base that keeps on giving and giving. In fact, I think it is this latter ingredient that allows the body spray to remain on your skin for a good four to five hours, before you need to re-apply. This wonderful oil lifts up the fruity components whilst also adding its own, mildly resinous does of sweetness.

Over the few hours that it sits on your skin, the warmth of your body allows the litsea cubeba oil to keep on giving and giving. I found that if a breeze flittered past me, or I waved my arms in such a way, I was reintroduced to the smell once again. After a night out, in which I sprayed myself with this before leaving the house, I could still detect a lingering fruity note on my wrists and my clothes the following morning.

How it's like the original hair treatment is that the aroma feels slightly more compact, and very slightly subtler than the body lotion and bath bomb formats. That's not to say that this is a bad thing at all. In fact, I found that this body spray presented itself as slightly mildly creamier than other members of the fragrance family. As the scent of this is going to dance with the warmth of your skin, this creamy element makes it much more appealing.

Overall, this is yet another great release from Lush. Fans of the fragrance family will definitely appreciate this new format, and I feel as if it does the scent much more justice than perhaps a perfume would. As a body spray, it's less compacted and therefore able to spread its wings far more on your skin and clothes.        

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Bergamot Oil, Olibanum Oil, Amyl Cinnamal, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Cinnamal, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £20 for 200ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Avocado Cowash Body Spray
Avocado Cowash
Avocado No Wash Body Lotion
Avocado Wash Shower Gel
Don't Touch My Hair Hair Marshmallow
Melusine Bath Bomb

Minamisoma Shower Oil



1 comment

  1. If you want to learn about whether the Apple Perfume is better or the Flower Perfume is better, then you'll want to read this article. Specifically we'll discuss about DKNY Apple Perfume, Kenzo Flower perfume and the difference between the two perfumes. After reading this article, you should be able to decide on whether you should get an apple perfume or flower perfume on your next shopping spree. cheap vape mods

    ReplyDelete


UP