Recently

21 March 2019

Carrot Cake Lip Scrub



When I was little, carrot cake was my favourite dessert on the entire planet. Every birthday I would request that my parents buy me a pre-made cake to indulge in, and as nobody else in my family liked it, I would eat every single indulgent mouthful for myself - falling into a sugar coma and knowing that if I was to die at that very moment in time, I could live with the gluttony that brought me there.

As I haven't ever found myself in receipt of a vegan carrot cake yet, I haven't had the pleasure of enjoying my favourite cake in almost fourteen years. Therefore, the idea of Lush's Carrot Cake Lip Scrub sounded truly exquisite, and I couldn't wait to slather the product all over my parched lips.

As with all of Lush's lips scrubs, this one is made from a base of caster sugar, which is what gives this limited edition its exfoliating properties, and jojoba oil, which helps to moisturise the skin. As you can see from the ingredients list, there rest of the components reads very much like a cake, and the smell and taste of this seasonal special replicates this sentiment as well.


Containing orange oil, carob resinoid and cinnamon powder, the smell of this lip scrub is a rich, almost maple syrup-like aroma with a gentle note of the orange intertwined with a dry, spicy helping of cinnamon. The carob resinoid brings a delicate hint of chocolate, but it's more like the dry, bitter version as opposed to the creamy chocolate you may be imagining.

On the tongue, Carrot Cake tastes mostly of the orange oil with a delicate lace of cinnamon and carob. Having said that, the carob, or possible the fenugreek, leaves a bitter aftertaste which I didn't particularly appreciate. In fact, this bitterness spoiled my experience with this lip scrub, and I found myself not wanting to lick my lips after using it across my mouth.

Having said that, the product did do a good job at making my lips feel beautifully soft and moisturised, and it also removed the dead and dried skin that has accumulated at the corners of my mouth. My lips felt instantly better after a single use, and after using this for a couple of days in a row, the consistency of my lips improved dramatically.

To make the most of Carrot Cake Lip Scrub, I would recommend that you apply your favourite lip balm afterwards as this will continue to work that moisture into the skin and give you kissably-soft lips. In all honesty, I was rather surprised at how quickly the condition of my lips improved from a product so simple and natural, and I've vowed to continue using this for the foreseeable future.

While this small pot has the hefty price tag of £6.50, I believe that it is fantastic value for money because it can easily last for 6+ months, depending on how often your apply it. I recommend that you try it out for yourself, even if the aftertaste is not particularly desirable. It does it's job well and at least has a wonderful smell to enjoy when you're feeling peckish.

Quantitative Ingredients: Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Ground Almonds, Organic Shea Butter, Walnut Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Ginger Oleoresin, Carob Resinoid, Fenugreek Absolute, Fine Sea Salt, Cold Pressed Carrot Seed Oil, Orange Peel Wax, Toasted Hazelnut Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Paprika Oleoresin, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Flavour.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



1 comment

  1. Thanks for sharing very nice detailed information. Please check haute her tips

    ReplyDelete


UP