Recently

25 March 2019

Junk Liquid Perfume



If there's one aspect of trying new Lush perfumes that I love, it's the journeys that come from the natural evolution of the smells present in a given fragrance. While your reactions and opinions about a single smell will change and fluctuate like the weather, so too will the fragrance you are wearing at that moment in time. No two days are alike, and this can be said for the experiences you have whilst wearing a wonderful aroma.

Junk Liquid Perfume has witnessed so much change over the last few weeks that I feel that it's almost become a member of my family. Not only have I been to the poorest parts of India; and the driest areas of the Canary Islands, but I've also experienced such a huge mental shift - all of which has been paired with this latest perfume release from Lush. 

Containing lemon, mandarin, rosemary and sage oils, this 'Gold Label' perfume has a rich, alluring and very intoxicating scent. When I first sprayed this on my skin, I could really see the comparison between this and Lush's recent Scrub Scrub Scrub Body Scrub. There are definitely similarities between the two that may help consumers to get a little insight into what this perfume smells like before they purchase it. However, it wouldn't be right of me to describe the scent of this as a being a direct replica, as there are huge differences as well. 


From the bottle, the first wave you get is a fruity one. In fact, despite the simplicity of the ingredients list, I was surprised to find that the fragrance actually pertained a strong note of blackcurrant rather than the citrusy layers that you would expect. While I could smell that both the mandarin and lemon oils were there in the mix, the inclusion of the rosemary also twists these two to create something a little more like Blackcurrant Angel with a stronger, herbal twist.

The initial spritz offers quite a heavy combination of herbal and fruity elements, and there is something quite intense about this pairing for a short while. Once it's begun to settle on the skin, you can definitely detect the currants far more, and the herbal elements of the both the sage and rosemary linger behind the blackcurrant, to give Junk a wonderfully complex and beautifully unique aroma. 

Other Lush fans, who have already been rather vocal about their descriptions, have even suggested that there is something medicinal and clinical about the smell, which I can sort of relate to. There is definitely something rather clean and almost mint-like about the scent, which does remind me a little of throat soothers and cough medicine.

What is great about Junk Liquid Perfume is that it does have an impressive silage on the skin. I was still able to detect it some four hours after initial application on my wrists and temple points, and even longer on the areas I sprayed it onto my clothes. As far as Lush perfumes go, this is super impressive, and definitely one of the selling points for me.

As for how it matures on the skin, I found that the herbal elements tended to disperse quite a lot over the first thirty minutes, and the dry and rather warming fruity components lingered by themselves for the duration of the time. Once it gets to this stage, the fragrance tends to remain intense for a few hours before it slowly disperses.

Overall, this is one of Lush's best perfumes in recent years. It's one that stands out above most of the Volume 4 range, and indeed nearly all of the limited editions that made an appearance. Junk is the epitome of what Lush is all about, and I am excited to see what other ideas may see the light of day in the coming years.

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, *Limonene, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Green Mandarin Oil, Rosemary Oil, Sage Oil, *Citral, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £35 for 30ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP