Recently

16 March 2019

Eve's Cherry Lip Scrub




It's rather ironic that I find it difficult to incorporate lip products into my daily routine, when my lips are one of the main places on my body that I suffer from the most. Out of habit, I tend to find myself picking the skin off of my lips without even realising I am even doing it, until I'm suddenly aware that my lips are sore, dry and bleeding, and once again in need of some serious TLC.

This year alone, Lush have released a brand new lip scrub for every one of their main seasonal collections. Eve's Cherry follows the biblical theme of Adam's Apple Mouthwash Tabs, and offers consumers an absolutely stunning lip scrub that does exactly what you'd want it to do, and more.

As with every one of Lush's lip scrubs, the key ingredient is caster sugar: a natural exfoliant that not only removes dead skin and debris from the lips, but helps to make the process a little more tasty and enjoyable. Along with a few essential oils, this little scrub will hydrate, soften and plump out your lips, with regular use, and leave them noticeably smoother and healthier.

Alongside the sugar, Eve's Cherry contains cherry kernel, buchu oil and lime oil: three ingredients that go into producing the most wonderfully fruity, and downright delicious sugar scrub. There is something so mouthwatering about this aroma, which reminds me very much of old fashioned cherry drop sweets.

Many consumers were wondering whether or not this limited edition was similar in fragrance to the popular Happy Blooming Shower Jelly. While it's understandable that these two products have been compared, as they both offer cherry aromas, I found that this lip scrub wasn't as sickly sweet and was slightly more sugary to my nose.

Fans new to Lush might want to know that to use, you simply need to scoop out a tiny amount with your finger - rubbing the scrub all over your lips in a circular motion. The best part is that you then need to use your tongue to lick off the excess sugar, which leaves your lips looking less parched and weathered, and feeling a whole lot better than they did a few seconds beforehand. 

Although this, as with all of Lush's lip scrubs, is completely edible, and safe to do so, I wouldn't suggest that you scoop out masses and eat it by itself. While a small amount on the lips does taste rather yummy, I can safely say that these scrubs don't work as a replacement for a regular dessert.

Yes, I will say that all of Lush's lip scrubs can be a little messy to begin with, and you do occasionally end up with stray pieces of sugar smeared around your mouth. However, it really isn't that hard to contain to product to one area of the mouth, and after a few attempts you will figure out yourself how to contain the product to your lips.

For £5.95, this might seem like a big investment for such a small tub, but it will last you a very long time, even with daily application. These little tubs can be carried around without any spillages, and are sturdy enough that they can't be smashed whilst in transit.

Overall, Eve's Cherry is yet another yummy edition to Lush's impressive lip scrub collection, and one that I hope makes a reappearance in the future. Paired with Cherryish Body Scrub in the shower beforehand makes for a wonderful treat before bedtime. Just saying.

Quantitative Ingredients: coming soon

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




2 comments


UP