Recently

8 March 2019

D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap (Egg Free Vegan Version)




Back when I first began buying and collecting Lush, there was a shaving product called Shave The Planet, which was one of my favourite products to buy from the 'retro range', as it was called back then. Just like my much-loved 9 To 5 Facial Cleanser, there was never a day when I didn't use this to give myself the closest shave possible. However, the one big issue I had with this shaving foam was that I always struggled to get the remnants out of my razor between shaving. The product was rather on the thick side and I broke many a blade trying to tap the excess gunk out of the razor.

Fast forward to 2019 and Lush announce that many of their products were now being replaced with egg-free versions instead. Although there were many consumers unhappy with this decision, I found myself suddenly able to buy one of the products that I'd always wanted to try, but hadn't been able to up until that particular moment.

D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap is very unique in that it's the only one of its kind in stores across the globe. Sharing its scent with my favourite fragrance, Yummy Mummy, this pastel pink liquid soap is designed to be used by anybody and everybody, and across any areas of the body that you wish to remove unwanted hair.

While I won't be able to document any experience with shaving beards or moustaches, I can safely say that this wonderful soap is perfect for getting the smoothest, softest legs, armpits and bikini lines. Not only does it make shaving far easier and more effective, but the beautiful fragrance lingers on the skin afterwards as well. 

Quite an odd consistency, you only really need about a grape-sized amount of each leg, and the same again for both the bikini line and the armpits. Make sure the areas of you wish to shave have been softened under the bath water for a few minutes, or exposed to the heat of the running shower water, and then massage the soap across the areas you wish to shave.

D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap will doesn't lather up like a regular soap: instead producing a lather that is slightly soapy but also a little creamy as well. It's hard to explain but this product definitely has a consistency that is different from most gels, creams and soaps, but is equally not that far away from these either. 

Once applied, simply shave as you normally would and then rinse the product away once you have finished. Although not particularly moisturising, this shaving soap does leave the skin feeling really clean and smooth: you can definitely feel the difference it makes, as opposed to if you were to shave without using anything. However, it's hard to explain how that feels unless you try it out for yourself.

As I've only been shaving for twenty years, I still struggle from time to time with catching areas around my knees and ankles with the sharp blade. D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap has all but eradicated this issue for me, and I can safely say that I haven't accidentally made myself a blood donor during any of my showers since buying this product.   

This has definitely become a staple in my household, and I will continue to use this most days to create a clean and close shave. Furthermore, my skin remains really soft and smooth for most of the day after using this in the shower, and I don't always need to shave again the next day, as the results last longer than when using a gel or regular soap to shave with.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil, Golden Syrup, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Rose Hip Oil, Fresh Strawberries, Aquafaba, Organic Maple Sugar, Vanilla Absolute, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Rose Absolute, Silken Tofu, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Bentone gel, Propylene Glycol, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, *Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 16035, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.95 for 70g, £12.95 for 150g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP