Recently

19 July 2019

Merry Christmas Bath Melt Tablet





Over the years, I have found that my excitement for Christmas has been reduced quite dramatically and I can honestly say that the only part of the season that still holds my interest is the range of goodies that Lush bring out for a limited time. Ironically, it was the mass consumerism of the season that killed the Christmas spirit for me, which doesn't really correlate with my above statement now does it?

When Lush first introduced the bath melt tablets on their website, they were already sold out within a few hours - never to be seen again. While lucky fans who had been able to grab some, posted sporadic pictures and descriptions in the weeks that followed, there was very little information about any of the ten limited editions.

Merry Christmas was probably the one that was mentioned the least, most likely because of its plain attire and lack of colour both before and during use. Yet, I would have hazarded a guess that this may have been one of the most popular ones, had consumers had longer to learn that it shared its scent with the Berry Berry Christmas Shower Gel that had appeared during Christmas 2017, but with a stronger thread of orange.

About 9cm in width, 6cm wide and about 5mm thick, this seasonal special was designed to be hung up as a decoration during the festive period. Whether on your Christmas tree or placed somewhere around your home, this limited edition offered a scent that would fill the room with a fragrance that just made you want to go out and explore a forest.

While the ingredients of this bath melt are unknown to me at this time, the smell that it offers is very on par with the liquid shower gel for sure. There are notes of what I think are orange and bergamot oil, which together produce a sweet but rather tart citrus smell, with notes of green that remind me very slightly of pine oil. There is something very crisp and fresh about this whole aroma that I love: very much like walking through the woodlands on a cold, snowy day. It's beautiful

While Merry Christmas is sold as a single product, there is not really any need to place the whole tablet into the bath in one go. Cutting the melt in half or even quarters will still offer a really moisturising bath for your skin and you'll still be able to smell the wonderful aroma throughout the whole experience. In fact, you actually run the risk of creating a mess around the tub if you include the whole tablet at once, as the oils and butters don't all tend to dissolve into the water and they stick to the sides instead. Furthermore, I would also recommend that if you're going to use the tablet across multiple baths, it is better to break it into pieces whilst its dry than having to hang and store the used tablet once it's been placed in the water. 

When it came to the Merry Christmas Bath Melt Tablet, I found that it didn't tend to put on much of a show in the water. The bath melt floated on the surface whilst it slowly dissolved and then sent out little splodges of cream oils that seemed to disappear fairly quickly into the water. 


As with all of the bath melt tablets, Merry Christmas presents an impressive range of essential butters and oils to nourish your skin and leave it feeling smooth and replenished. Every so often I found myself massaging the bar itself to release the oils into the water because they were quite thick and resistant to dissolve by themselves. I think if you simply waited for the bath tablet to melt by itself, you'd probably be in the tub for a matter of hours. 

Once the tablet had fully melted, I found that the water was left with next to no colour all, which didn't exactly inspire the most exciting of reactions from myself. However, I had to remind myself that it was indeed a bath melt as opposed to a bath bomb, so it shouldn't be tarnished for doing something it's not designed to do. It did however, leave little speckles of lustre that just gave a slight glean to the water but didn't remain on the skin afterwards. 

What was rather lovely is that the scent lingered very gently on the skin afterwards, at least whilst I was settling myself down to bed, and I was also experienced odd whiffs of the green note when I woke up a few times during the night. In addition, my skin was left feeling really silky-soft and replenished and my whole body remained this smooth and healthy across the whole day.

Despite its rather simple design, the scent of this was really lovely and perhaps one of the better fragrances chosen for the ten limited edition bath melts. If this was to ever come out again, I would be tempted to buy another, just so that I could cocktail it with a wintery bath bomb and enjoy the way it left my skin again. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bitartrate (Tartar), Fair Trade Shea Butter, Cranberry Infusion? Orange Oil? Bergamot Oil?

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



1 comment

  1. If you are really looking for more information about flat rate, or any onther so locksmith Las Vegas check that right away, I daily search your impressive posts.

    ReplyDelete


UP