Recently

21 July 2019

Sex Bomb Shower Gel



Those who have been following my blog for a while will know that Lush shower gels were always my favourite aspect about the company. Any new bottles of colourful liquid and I was all over them like a rash, which is exactly the same reaction I gave when I first found out that Lush were bringing out six brand new bottles of the stuff earlier this year.

Despite the fact that most of the limited editions wouldn't have been ones I would have chosen to make into shower gels myself, I was willing to give each of the variations a fair trial without any preconceived ideas about what I should or would expect. And as it turned out, there were definitely some surprises along the way...   

Sex Bomb is perhaps the shower gel I was most surprised about, only because I don't really hold much of an opinion about the original bath bomb that this release has been named and influenced by. I could probably describe the classic bomb as being 'nice' and 'lovely' if I wanted but I'll be honest and say that it's a product that doesn't really inspire me very much at all. It's by no means bad, it's just not particularly interesting.

However, I will say straight away that this limited edition shower gel showcases the Sex Bomb scent perfectly, and fans of the bath bomb will be absolutely delighted with the result. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the fragrance is far more suited to this format than the bath bomb, so the aroma is much more pronounced and stronger, without taking away from the original concept in any way.

In the bottle, this limited edition presents all of the key components so wonderfully that it's a pleasure to simply sniff the gel and take in all of the main elements. Clary sage and ylang ylang oil; jasmine absolute and synthetic musk, Sex Bomb Shower Gel is a light, sensual floral smell, with elements of natural sweetness to boot. In addition, you also get the gentle herbal properties of the clary sage coming through a little more strongly than in other formats, which almost gives this gel certain refreshing qualities about it as well.

What I think that Lush have done well is to produce the fragrance perfectly, without losing any of the key elements that go into making this popular scent. At the same time, they've also added strength to the smell itself so that the gel is not as dusty or as delicate as the bath bomb. This has served the scent well.

What I also loved about Sex Bomb Shower Gel was that the format is very silky-smooth whilst being slightly on the thinner side. This meant that I didn't need very much to produce an impressive amount of thick, creamy and very foamy lather. Yet, at the same time, its properties left my skin feeling instantly clean and smooth and shiny, all at the time.

In fact, I think it is the inclusion of the passion fruit juice that makes all of these wonderful miracles happen. I truly believe that these fruit juices leave your skin looking and feeling radiant, and at the same time I am sure that it is this very same ingredient that elevates the overall scent of this as well. It's pure magic.

Adding on to this, the gentle combination of jasmine, clary sage and musk lingered on my skin for a good couple of hours after I had towelled myself down. Furthermore, I found that using this before bed was a sure find way to ensure that I fell into a deep sleep very quickly, as it was super efficient at making me feel relaxed and good about myself.

Despite note being at all interested in using or promoting Sex Bomb Bath Bomb, I was very surprised by how much I took to the shower gel and how much I enjoyed the experience far more than I ever imagined that I would. Fans of the bath bomb will no doubt be incredibly pleased with the result of this limited edition shower gel and I will continue to use this before bed each and every night. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Jasmine, Rose and Ginseng Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Perfume, Lauryl Betaine, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Fresh Passion Fruit Juice, Carrageenan Extract, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Musk, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £12 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP