Recently

20 July 2019

Turmeric Latte Shower Gel



Developing bad habits over the years, I've become a bit of a latte girl: I can barely even say the word Costa without wanting to seek out the nearest store and buying myself a handful of coconut lattes. However, as far as showing restraint, I can usually limit myself to a single purchase during the average month, which I consider to be an acceptable amount of times to indulge myself in a coffee.

So when Lush first released the Turmeric Latte Bath Bomb, my mouth couldn't stop salivating over the mere thought of sharing a bath with such a concept. When it arrived, I oozed over the creaminess of it; I licked my lips at the sweetness of it; and I absolutely relished in the delicate herbal note that accompanied the overall beautiful aroma. It was as good as I imagined it would be and I have since bought multiples of them to use as another indulgence.

However, when I first sniffed Turmeric Latte Shower Gel, I was a little taken back by firstly how strong the smell actually was, and secondly, by how much it didn't really agree with me at all. As someone who loves turmeric like there's no tomorrow, and eats it near on five days a week with my tofu, the smell of this shower gel was so far removed from what I was imagining it to be like...and to be honest, it wasn't a smell that I particularly liked either. 

In the bottle, this limited edition is both warm and spicy as well as possessing something slightly nutty about it as well. Unlike the bath bomb, the sweetness of the tonka has been toned down quite a lot here and I wouldn't describe the scent as being overly sweet. Alongside this, the powdery-ness of the cocoa absolute comes through without there actually being any hint of chocolate in the mix. 

This same scent is what lingers on your skin afterwards, and to give the shower gel credit where it deserves, Turmeric Latte does a great job of sticking to the skin. I was able to detect notes of the shower gel on my skin almost five after I had showered, which is very impressive to say the least.

My problem with this limited edition is when the shower gel is actually in use. Although it lathers up a treat and is very easy to use, the fragrance that my nose detects during this process is a very unpleasant one. Instead of the warm, creamy latte that I was looking forward to, the smell that greeted me was very clinical and almost bleach-like. There is something very unpleasant about the components of this shower gel when they mix with the heat of the water and I find myself holding my nose each and every time I use it.

In it's favour, the inclusion of the softening coconut milk and agave syrup mean that the shower gel is super moisturising on the skin and you can actually see and feel the difference it makes afterwards. My whole body felt nourished and replenished and radiant after using this shower gel, and you could noticeably see the radiance coming off of my skin. Furthermore, the Turmeric Latte is super generous when producing a lather, so you need very little with each use.

As I explained above, the only issue I have with this release is its scent, which doesn't allow me to enjoy the experience of using this in the shower at all. Even in the bottle and on my skin afterwards, the fragrance isn't one that I would describe as being an overly enjoyable one, so I cannot imagine ever being able to finish the whole bottle of this by myself.

Perhaps I have too much of a sweet tooth to really appreciate how grounded and rich the smell of Turmeric Latte Shower Gel really is. However, I cannot shake that tangy, clinical smell that comes out every time I use it in the shower, and for that reason I would not buy this product again. In fact, the only reason I have rated this product as highly as I have is because of all of its other merits, as it is super moisturising and works wonders on the skin. However, this bottle is definitely not the golden honey pot I was hoping for.

Quantitative Ingredients: Coconut And Turmeric Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Organic Agave Syrup, Tonka Absolute, Benzoin Resinoid, Vanilla Absolute, Cocoa Powder, Carrageenan Extract, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Coumarin, Eugenol, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £15 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP