Recently

27 December 2014

Jingle Jelly Shower Jelly


Jingle Jelly is one of Lush's shower jellies that seems to have completely disappeared from the face of the earth. I couldn't find near enough anything about this popular product, which is strange as I have heard so many fans rave about it. It's not a product that has been released for a good number of years (last seen back in 2007), so I'm hoping Lush are planning a revival of it soon. 

Containing a blend of juniper berry, fennel, grape juice and ylang ylang, this delightful jelly is a refreshing treat to be used as either a shower gel, bubble bath or shampoo. Sharing it's scent with the rather popular Jingle Spells Bath Bomb, this product is filled with essential oils, including seaweed oil, to soften and moisturise your skin. This shower jelly is definitely softer and far lighter than some of the other Lush jellies that I have used to date, and this works to its advantage. 

Jingle Jelly is a translucent green-coloured product, lightly decorated with silver glitter that only really makes an appearance when the jelly is being used in the shower. It's consistency is rather different to the likes of Spank Me With Saplings or Calacas, in that it is far softer and less 'rubbery' than these other jellies. What I really liked about Jingle Jelly, is that I was able to break off as much or as little as I wanted, and didn't have to battle with the product, whilst doing this in the shower.  

The jelly has a strong, herbal scent intertwined with a refreshing citrus kick and just the slightest minty aftertaste; it reminds me of lime cordial mixed with the gentle scent of forest pine. The whole combination is supposed to be detoxifying and re-energizing, and I felt really refreshed after using it. The product gives off a beautiful fragrance that works wonders at perking you up during those early morning showers. The shower jelly lathers up quite well, although it creates more of an oily foam than a fluffy, soapy one. 

After showering with this product, I found that my skin felt really soft to touch, but it wasn't moisturised enough that I didn't need to apply body lotion afterwards. Jingle Jelly leaves the skin feeling clean and smelling fresh but it's definitely not as invigorating as other Lush products I have used. I would love to see Jingle Jelly brought back as a shower gel as I think it would be wonderful in liquid form. However, I would be more than happy if Lush brought it back for a limited time so I could experience the joys of this shower jelly again. While I have rated this product as a four, there's no saying whether I'd rate it higher if I had a fresh pot to sample.

Quantatitive Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Juniperberry Infusion (Juniperus communis), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Mandarin Juice (Citrus nobilis), Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Sweet Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Fine Sea Salt (Sodium chloride), Colour 59040, Colour 42090, Silver Glitter (Lustre sparkle), Limonene, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: 

7 comments

  1. Man I wish that The kitchen would have brought this back I would love to try it. Oh well there's always next year. Did you pick up an iced wine jelly Jen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pick up an iced wine - I'll be able to try it when I get home tomorrow - it sounds amazing and is one of the only jellies I've not tried :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! Excited to hear your review!

      Delete
  2. Is this jingle spells scented? Sounds like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed - I cannot believe I missed this point out in my review - editing here I come :)

      Delete
    2. Now I need it even more *_*

      Delete
  3. Guess what I've just showered with? I found it right at the bottom of my chest freezer lol.

    ReplyDelete


UP