Recently

22 December 2014

Yog Nog FUN Bar

A few years back, Yog Nog would have been a scent that I would have happily clambered over anything to get to. This stems from the fact that I have always seen myself as a bit of a 'foody' - I love desserts, puddings and anything that possesses creamy, sweet and sugary fragrances. Yet, aside from being slightly intrigued when Lush first revealed the soap this Christmas, I wasn't jumping through hoops to get to it.

When the generous slab arrived in the post, it definitely sold itself to me pretty quickly and I have since bought a few chunks to see me through the next year. While the perfume, in both solid and liquid form, didn't sell itself to me as much as I was expecting it to, it was still a nice addition to the Lush perfume family. 

However, when I unwrapped one of my Yog Nog FUN bars for the first time, I instantly fell in love. In fact, I will go as far as to say that the bar excelled all of my expectations immediately and cemented itself as one of my favourite FUN bars ever - only being beaten by the rather wonderful Lord Of Misrule

This product is everything you could wish for - it's super effective in the shower, it smells absolutely divine and you only need very little with each use, meaning one bar will last you a long time. Much like the soap, the fragrance comes into full force when it reacts to the heat of the water and you really have to fight the urge not to lick the bar whilst you're using it.
Made from a mixture of ylang ylang and clove bud oil, with a sprinkling of both cocoa and nutmeg powder, this is a really festive-smelling bar - one that encompasses the Christmas spirit wonderfully. It's a beautifully soft smell - a sweet, vanillary aroma intertwined with a subtle fudgy note that comes from the inclusion of the cocoa powder. There's also a gentle note of nutmeg and clove - both of which you can detect, but neither of which are particularly strong overall. 

I will go as far as to say that this is even better than the soap - it lathers up a treat in the shower and produces a gorgeous, silky-soft mound of suds to clean yourself with. When you massage this across your skin, you can feel how instantly smooth it makes you and you can still detect the fragrance on your skin when you exit the bathroom. It doesn't dry your skin out and it's easier to use than a hard slab of soap. 

Much like every other FUN bar, Yog Nog can also be used instead of a bubble bar - held under a running tap to create a surplus amount of bubbles and a beautifully fragrant bath to enjoy. Again, this bar worked well in this way although it didn't produce as many bubbles as some of the other FUN bars. I cut a slice that probably equated to a sixth of the bar and this gave me more than enough bubbles, so this works out cheaper than a regular bubble bar.

While the product doesn't really create an exciting or colourful bath, the smell more than makes up for it, and offers a relaxing and very comforting bath tub experience. Having said that, I would recommend that you use this in place of a shower gel as opposed to a bubble bar, as you get a much more rewarding experience this way and the product goes a lot further.
This FUN bar was not the first one I wanted to try when I heard that Lush would be bringing them out in replacement of the missing perfume, but it's certainly cemented itself as one of my favourites. I would definitely stock up on this if Lush ever chose to bring it out in the Kitchen, and I hope for the fans' sake that they do. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour (Zea mays), Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Titanium Dioxide, Eugenol, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao), Nutmeg Powder (Myristica Fragrans).

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: Not Available for retail.

Scent Family:
Yog Nog Bath Bomb
Yog Nog Body Lotion
Yog Nog FUN Bar
Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2014)

Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2018)
Yog Nog Perfume Oil
Yog Nog Shower Smoothie
Yog Nog Soap
Yog Nog Solid Perfume
Yog Nog Yule Log Bubble Bar Slice

7 comments

  1. Do they do this in the Lush Oxford Street store as an exclusive? I really want to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not! Let's hope it comes out around Christmas time this year!

      Delete
  2. Hi just got a quick question how do you enter your Lush competitions??

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you manage to get your hands on this amazing product?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They gave it out free with the limited edition perfume orders back in December 2014 :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jen, was the limited edition perfume ordered through the kitchen? I love this sent family and in way to know where to keep my eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen, was the limited edition perfume ordered through the kitchen? I love this sent family and in way to know where to keep my eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete


UP