Recently

7 December 2018

Grass Liquid Perfume



When Lush announced that they’d be bringing out a collection of limited edition perfumes and body sprays, I cannot say that I would have ever chosen the Grass scent as one of my top choices. Although I appreciate the shower gel and bubble bar when I'm in a particular mood, they wouldn't be classed as one of my firm favourites. Which is why I was surprised by how much I enjoyed using this.

As the name suggests, Grass Liquid Perfume is supposed to mimic the aroma of freshly cut crass: a light, crisp and slightly earthy rendition of one of nature's greatest smells. In Lush's favour, I happen to think that this is one of the company's greatest natural aromas, and I'm amazed sometimes when I think how well they've managed to concoct a perfume true to the original fragrance.

From the bottle, my nose immediately picked up on the fact that this is far more like the aforementioned bubble bar than the shower gel. While this limited edition replicates the scent family really well, the shower gel is slightly heavier when in use, whereas the bubble bar is lighter and more crisp on the senses. This perfume is more like the latter.

As its name suggests, this perfume smells like a freshly cut lawn, with the dampness of the soil underneath and the sweetness of the sunshine entangled in a bouquet of pure bliss. The bergamot and neroli oils work together to create a smell that is fresh and light, whilst also offering a natural sweetness that can only be replicated if you head outside to smell the actual grass in your garden. Finally, the sandalwood adds a subtle note of woodiness, albeit very low down in the mix, which works as a base on which the other ingredients simply flourish.

On the skin, Grass Liquid Perfume offers all of the above, although the aroma dampens a little after the first couple of minutes. Mixing with the air allows the sweetness, the crisp notes of neroli, and the greeness of the bergamot to elevate themselves, so you can smell this wonderful fragrance ever time you whip your arm past your nose, or a gust of wind disturbs the perfume again. Fans of this aroma will be incredibly pleased with the creation of this product and as somebody, who like I said, doesn't class this as a personal favourite, even I was bowled over by how delicious this liquid perfume is.

My only qualm with Grass Liquid Perfume is that it only really lingers on your body for about 2-3 hours long. When I applied a little to my scarf and jumper in the morning, I did find that it lasted me a little longer, although the fragrance was gone once more by lunchtime (roughly six hours later.)

This is definitely a fragrance that I would recommend everybody trying,  especially because it is very different from anything that you would normally find in other shops. I am positive that consumers who lover this scent will be very happy with the outcome of this, and I can honestly say that this is my favourite perfume out of the recent releases.   

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Sandalwood Oil, Bergamot Oil, Neroli Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £29 for 30ml.


Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Against Animal Testing Soap
Autumn Leaf Bath Ballistic
Grass Body Lotion





No comments

Post a Comment


UP