Recently

21 December 2015

Candy Cane Bubble Bar




During last year's Christmas Kitchen releases, Candy Cane Soap was one of the products that made the biggest impression on me. While I'm not really an advocate for soap, the combination of cherry and mint was an instant hit, and I was left rather disappointed that I hadn't bought a few more bars before it had sold out.

Although I would consider myself fairly knowledgable when it comes to Lush products, I try not read about too many older releases in case I discover something that I desperately want. So when I heard that Candy Cane Bubble Bar was making a reappearance, my immediate thought was that it would feature the same wonderful scent, and so I ended up buying a generous amount to use and savour.

Unfortunately, upon arrival, I realised very quickly that the smell I could recognise through the wrapper was not the same as the soap - instead giving off a sweet, sugary vanilla fragrance that mimics that of Rock Star Soap and Creamy Candy Bubble Bar. Despite being beautiful in itself, I was a little disappointed by my findings.

In the wrapper, I found that this seasonal bubble bar was slightly sweeter than its older sibling - I could smell a strong note that was very similar to Snow Fairy Shower Gel and this made it slightly more appealing to me. The product had the usual sweet, tonka-dominated fragrance, but I felt as if it was fruitier and more refreshing than other Creamy Candy products.

As I usually do with my bubbles bars, I crumbled this one under the running tap and was immediately engulfed with a strong aroma that stayed present throughout the whole experience. Some might say that the smell of this could be slightly cloying because it is so strong, but I happen to like how thick and creamy it is in the bathroom.

Much like both the original Creamy Candy Bar and Bunny Bubble Bar, Candy Cane turns the water a pale pink colour, and creates a mound of fluffy bubbles that act as a warm, fragrant blanket once you're under the water. These bubbles stay present throughout the whole experience, and can be used to wash with as well. 

Despite how vivid the pink is on the bubble bar, I was little disappointed to discover how little colour actually makes itself known in the water. While I'm not always fussed about this if the scent of the product is strong enough for my liking, I was expecting a much more vivid pink colour than what I got. 

On the positive side, the bath water felt lovely and silky without being greasy, and my skin stayed soft and smooth for many hours afterwards. Furthermore, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could smell the sweet, candy-inspired fragrance on my skin for good few hours, as well as on my pillow the next morning.

Overall, it is far from a terrible product, and I would probably use it again alongside other bath bombs/melts. However, when I compare it to other bubble bars, this one doesn't fair as well as them, which is why I would not use it again on it's own.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 45380:3.

Vegas?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2004.

Scent Family:
Bunny Bubble Bar
Candy Cane Bubble Bar
Candy Floss Showder
Candy Mountain Bubble Bar
Close To You Massage Bar
Creamy Candy Bubble Bar
Creamy Candy Liquid Perfume
Rock Star Soap




No comments

Post a Comment


UP