Recently

9 December 2018

Lady Of The Night Brush Strokes Face Mask



Most of the time after using some sort of Lush product, I always feel like I've royally pampered myself as much as I possibly can, which is why I gravitate towards the company time and time again. So when I saw that Lush were offering three face masks in the shade of bronze, silver and gold, I just knew I had to get my greedy little mitts on them. 

Lady Of The Night is the second Brush Strokes Face Mask that I had used so far, and looks absolutely stunning when fresh tub is opened. Sporting a shimmery silver colour, there is something rather playful and magical about using this across your face, and I couldn't wait to see what this new concept had to offer me.

For those as clueless as me about this new creation, Lush have described their Brush Strokes Masks as being similar to that of their regular masks, but one that you apply with a brush to allow for even coverage instead. Alongside this fairly unhelpful description, I still wonder at what point fans who have already invested in these masks will see the release of a brush to go with the product. While the idea is that you can use most make up brushes, I have yet to find one that works as effectively as using my hands. 

Now obviously, there are a few other differences as well, aside from just how you apply the product itself. Firstly, the consistency is actually very different from anything that Lush have done before. As you're likely to apply a lot less when using a brush, these face masks are incredibly thick and almost like clay. Therefore, it would actually be rather challenging to scoop out a large amount and apply it to your skin with your fingers. Secondly, the tub of Lady Of The Night that I received was partially empty, which perhaps explains the intensity of the product itself, and how little is applied every time you use it.

What I have learnt is that these are masks that need to be kept in the fridge and so far I have found that they have a longer life-span than the regular masks. In all fairness, I actually forgot all about Lady Of The Night for a good months after the Showcase, yet it still looked and acted fresh another handful of weeks after this point. As there was no expiry date on my tub, I stopped using mine when it began to look a little dry, and the water separated from the mask, making it harder to apply across my skin.

As the main ingredient here is a jasmine flower absolute, you can imagine how strong this fragrance is. In fact, fans of the Lust scent family may very well notice how similar the smell of this is to many products in that range. Having said that, when I used this face mask in the bath/shower, I found that the fragrance reminded me of a jasmine green tea, which then shocked me when I realised that there was no green tea extract present in the ingredients list.  


This particular mask contains a whole array of ingredients meant to improve the look and feel of your complexion, and add a radiance that'll see you through a good night out. The inclusion of kaolin smoothens out the skin whilst removing any excess dirt and grease; and the agave nectar gives the face a more plumped up appearance and helps to add a gentle shine.

Despite this mild inconvenience, the face mask felt much lighter on my face and I enjoyed not having to worry about pieces falling off as I walked through my house. What I found with Lady Of The Night was that after I had rinsed the product away, my skin did appear to look more radiant, perhaps more so than Goldfinger surprisingly, and it felt super soft as well.

Much like Goldfinger Brush Strokes Face Mask, this one took a little getting used to when applying it with a brush, and in all fairness I gave up fairly quickly and used my fingers instead. As I stated in my review of the aforementioned face mask, this product was much easier to use when I left the mask out of the fridge for half an hour before application, as the mask softened a little from the warmth.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this, although it wasn't moisturising enough to offer the same level of intensive repair as Oatfix usually does for my skin. Having said that, the scent of this was wonderful and my face did appear more radiant and less lifeless each and every time I used thus on my complexion, so it would be one I purchased again If it ever came out in stores. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Glycerine, Cornflour, Jasmine Flower Infusion, Organic Agave Syrup, Kaolin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Jasmine Absolute, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: unsure.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP