Recently

3 December 2018

Golden Pear Bath Bomb




When the community bath bombs arrived on my doorstep, I couldn't wait to rip the box open and take a sniff. I was very surprised to find that nearly all of the products had a very strong smell, which is not something that Lush have been doing so well with as of late. Unfortunately, there was one that I could barely detect, and that was Golden Pear.

Designed, as its name suggests, to look very much like a Golden Pear, this limited edition shares its scent with the Christmas Soap and Body Spray of the same name. As a fairly new fragrance to come from the company, this has made a massive impression on the community in a very short space of time, and with good reason.

Containing a combination of orange, sandalwood and cardamon, this fragrance family offers a smell reminiscent of stewed pears and Christmas spices. On the surface you get a warming, fruity note of pear, which is sweet without being at all juicy. Alongside this, the sandalwood oil creates a thick, woody base - that not only grounds the overall fragrance, but dampens the pear slightly so it's not as strong as it could be. While this latter point may sound like a negative feature, I believe it actually enhances the beauty of this smell, and sets it apart from just being another fruity smell.

Finally, you have a little touch of cardamom. This works with the sandalwood to create a very thick, comforting blanket for the pear to lie on, whilst also offering a gentle spicy element that makes it a little more festive. Together, all three ingredients work really well at creating something perfect for the winter weather.

As I stated above, the fragrance of this was the weakest out of all of the other bath bombs released at the same time. Having said that, this bath bomb soon redeemed itself in the water, as the notes intensified a lot once it had come into contact with the heat, and Golden Pear was probably just as intense as the others were from the get-go.

In the water, the bath bomb fizzes away quietly but with full intensity. The wonderful, golden shade of orange that the limited edition is moulded from, throws itself out across the surface and produces a stunning display of orange foam, that fizzes pops away like a fresh class of bubbly. Once this has all dispersed, a gentle blanket of white remains for a short while afterwards, before that to is absorbed into the water.

What makes Golden Pear so special is the fact that in the centre of the bath bomb is a disc of butters. This continues to float on the surface after the bath bomb has disappeared, and induces the water with an extra dose of softness to moisturise your skin with. 

What I will say is that this bath bomb did leave my skin feeling amazing. I certainly didn't need to moisturise afterwards as my body felt silky-soft and replenished. The vibrant orange colour that the water remained also helped to elevate my mood quite a bit, and I left the tub feeling really great about life.

Having said that, the scent of Golden Pear was not as long-lived as the fragrances were for some of the other community bath bombs. Although I could still detect it throughout my experience, I sometimes struggled to notice the subtle smell of the bath bomb when I was using other cosmetics alongside it. Furthermore, I didn't really notice that the product left much of a smell on my skin afterwards either.

Fans of Golden Pear will definitely love the design and producibility of this exclusive bath bomb. I myself, really enjoyed watching it fizz away in the bath tub and the way it made my skin feel was truly magical. Despite these merits, this is perhaps my least favourite of the recent releases, as I just don't think it had as good an impact in the water as other products did.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, Cardamom Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Fair Trade Shea Butter, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Dipropylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Tin Oxide, Coumarin, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 45350, Colour 77491.


Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Golden Pear Bath Bomb 
Golden Pear Body Spray
Golden Pear Soap
Open Your Heart Bubble Bar


No comments

Post a Comment


UP