Recently

15 December 2018

Willo The Wisp Hair Marshmallow Shampoo




When I first discovered the table of Lush's new hair care range at the Showcase event, I was rather intimidated by just how many new items there were, and I set about trying to acquire one of each for me to experience, review and share with the online community. 

During my manic dashing to grab one of everything, I was told by a member of staff that I wasn't actually allowed to take every one of the hair marshmallows because of how limited they were for stock. Luckily, I had many friends around me who were able to help me get most of them, but I was so close to putting this one back and picking up another. The very thought of not experiencing this one myself almost brings a tear to my eye.

I should probably start by saying that in the beginning Willo the Wisp Hair Marshmallow absolutely stinks - to the point that it overpowered all sixty of the other products in my bag at the time. To my nose, the shampoo smells like a science experiment gone wrong, and I can imagine many consumers will be put off from this enough to never invest furthermore. 

This is a shame as the fragrance definitely dampens down quite a bit if it's left to 'rest' for a couple of weeks before use, and then it doesn't ever reach that ridiculously smelly level again. In fact, after a couple of weeks I started to appreciate the smell quite a bit, as the various fruity oil and the lavender came through a lot more. It was then that Willo The Wisp started to offer a rather wonderful but gentle smell.

While at first I simply assumed that Lush's new Hair Marshmallows were just an alternative to the regular shampoo bar - and another naked way to replace the liquid hair care range as well - there was definitely far more than initially met the eye.

Not only are these bricks of ingredients incredibly light - very much like holding a polystyrene block, but you need very little of the product each time you want to wash your hair. Thanks to the inclusion of the aqua faba, which is the high-protein water that beans and chickpeas have been cooked in, these marshmallows create a beautifully light and fluffy foam that not only cleans and softens your hair, but also enriches your locks with that extra protein - which only serves to strength, condition and thicken your hair.

Willo the Wisp in particular has been designed to add volume and thickness to lacklustre locks, while the inclusion of the olive oil helps to strengthen and condition your hair as well. The magnesium sulfate, which is also known as epsom salts, gets to work at plumping and volumizing your hair at the same time, and to say it works is an understatement.

I only had to use this shampoo once to reap the full benefits of what it had to offer. Not only was my hair instantly more manageable, beautifully silky-soft and light to the touch, and with a wonderful shine to boot, but there just seemed to be an extra burst of life about my hair that wasn't there prior to washing it. There are very few times when a product makes such a massive impression on me, in such a short amount of time, but this is up there as being one of my favourite Lush hair care products without a doubt. 

Much like the other marshmallows, this block worked really well with a minimal amount of the product, and I was able to heed enough foam to wash my whole head with, with a piece about the size of a small grape. and I could probably have gotten away with using a little less as well. To use, I simply crumbled the piece in my hand; added a little water to start the lather off; and then massaged it between my hands, and then across my whole head, to create a generous amount of silky foam.

After washing it off, my hair felt instantly softer and not as wirey as it had been before, which just made me feel amazing. I continued using this every second or third day, without the need of a conditioner afterwards, and I found that my hair needed very little prep if I wanted to wear it down, which is a rare occurrence when it comes to my mane. 

Out of all of the hair marshmallows, this one was 'destined' to be my least favourite, and ended up my favourite. I cannot recommend Willo The Wisp high enough and I only hope that this makes its way into the stores very soon. Without a shadow of a doubt, this would be my permanent shampoo if it ever made it into the regular range.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Coco Sulfate, Aquafaba, Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Hand Harvested Sea Salt, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Perfume, Organic Agave Syrup (Agave Tequilana), Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Guar Gum (Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Persian Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Leucine, Glycine, Alanine, Isoleucine, Arginine, Threanine, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, *Citral, *LImonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £12 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP