Recently

13 December 2018

Snowflake Bubble Spinner




It's of little surprise that Snow Flake Bubble Spinner was the last of this year's Christmas bath products I had to review. While delicately pretty in the same way that an actual snow flake could be described as, I already suspected that the bath it was going to heed wouldn't be particularly interesting, and this was before I'd even gotten it home from the shop. Unless snow flakes had been hiding their coloured centres from me my entire life, I wasn't expecting much in the way of vibrancy with this one.

As predicted, the water that this limited edition created left very little to the imagination. There was a very subtle grey tinge to its transparency, but nothing more in the way of colour. Even the gentle sparkle that features on the surface of the bubble spinner wasn't replicated in the water. This is definitely aimed at those who don't particularly enjoy colourful baths, or perhaps consumers whose skin can become a little irritated with two many ingredients in a product.

Containing patchouli, orange oil and orange flower absolute, Snowflake is definitely the least Christmassy fragrance from the range. Definitely more wintery to my nose, this lovely aroma holds the sweet, spicy element of the former ingredient, whilst also celebrating its earthy properties. Entangled around this is then gentle, warming sweetness of the orange flower absolute, and a delicate fruity note of orange to finish. 

While subtle scents can be beautiful, and this one certainly was before it had been used under the tap, I found that a good part of the fragrance was lost once it was put to use. Although I was still privy to snapshots of the fragrance throughout my whole bath, my nose was engulfed with every other product I was using at the time, and therefore Snowflake didn't really have much of an impact on me overall.

As with all of Lush's reusable bubble bars, this one needs to be held under the running tap to create both the colour and an array of bubbles. Once you feel you have enough of the product in the water, you can pat the bubble bar down and leave it somewhere to use again and again. As Snowflake also happens to be a bubble spinner, this limited edition will quite literally spin under the running tap and send an abundance of bubbles across the surface of the water.

What I will say about Snowflake is that it is fairly generous with the amount of bubbles that it produces in the water. Although I had to stimulate more by swishing my hand around the tub, the bubbles that were produced floated on the surface for a lot longer than most bubble bars usually do.

In addition, this seasonal beauty did leave my skin feeling really smooth and soft afterwards. Although not as moisturising as most of Lush's regular bubble bars, I know not to expect that of a reusable bubble bar, and this one definitely turned out more conditioning than I was expecting. My hands especially had a slightly gleam to them that I don't usually get with many products, and I found that the blisters from when I lift weights appeared much calmer and subdued.

As the scent of Snowflake wasn't all that strong in the bath tub, there wasn't much of a smell on my skin afterwards. However, I was able to detect an earthy note of patchouli for a good forty minutes between towelling myself off and going to sleep. In hindsight, I honestly believe that the patchouli was what helped me to have a great night sleep that night.

Ultimately, this makes for an interesting stocking filler, and fans of patchouli will no doubt want to purchase one of these to enjoy their favourite smell in a new format. However, there is nothing that Snowflake offers that I cannot find done more successfully in another product, and for this reason I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Sicilian Lemon Oil, *Limonene, Brazilian Orange Oil, Patchouli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Cornstarch, Titanium Dioxide, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Citral, *Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP