Recently

15 March 2014

Keep It Fluffy Bath Bomb





Over the years, I have amassed close to 400 different bath products from Lush, which is an insane amount for one person to own. In the beginning, I would trawl through eBay on a daily basis and snap up anything rare or old that was no longer available to buy in store or online. Nowadays, there's hardly anything I don't own or haven't done so in the past, so my spending has thankfully gone down drastically. However, the problem now is that I have so many bath bombs and bubble bars that I forget which ones I have, and often the older ones get pushed to the back in favour of the fresher, stronger-smelling products. This year I am making a conscious effort to use up the older ones first before they become unusable. 

Keep It Fluffy is one of Lush's smaller bath bombs; a pretty lilac coloured ballistic with a neat white line drawn around the middle. This bomb is one of the few ballistics that Lush chose to release in multiple colours, so you can also get a peach-coloured variation as well. My first impressions of this product was that, despite the size of the ballistic, there was enough fragrance here to satisfy any bather. And I was not proved wrong.

Containing both vanilla and jasmine, this ballistic has a sweet and rather musky floral scent. It's a light, feminine fragrance - one that is both refreshing and rather modern-smelling, but one that also has qualities that give it an almost old-fashioned vibe about it.

The notes of vanilla and rose really compliment each other - producing a musky and almost powdery floral aroma that is as sweet as it is sensual. It's a very 'pink' smelling bath bomb, and reminds me a little of the scent you get when using a powderpuff. It's beautiful.

Upon dropping Keep it Fluffy into the tub, the bath bomb reacts immediately to the water and forms a thick, cloud of white foam. While a fairly quiet fizzer, this one violently bobs and spins around on the surface - coating the bath water with a beautiful blanket of sweet, musky foam. As the bomb begins to dissolve, small strands of purple also make an appearance in the water. Although this doesn't appear as prominently as the white does overall, it does help to turn the water a very subtle shade of purple.

While it's a small bath bomb, this does take a good 5+ minutes to fully dissolve in the tub, so I suggest you submerge yourself beneath the water and enjoy the show from a front row seat. What is great about this bath bomb is that the fragrance is elevated by the heat of the water, so you get to enjoy those musky tones throughout the whole experience. Although I wouldn't say that it's the strongest ballistic I have used, the aroma definitely lingers around while you're bathing.

Furthermore, Keep It Fluffy goes on to soften your skin and leave it feeling smooth to the touch. Again, it's definitely not the most moisturising of bath bombs, but it does leave your body feeling far softer than it did beforehand. Overall, it's great addition to the Lush Kitchen and would be one I'd buy again. Moreover, I hope to see more products in this fragrance making an appearance in the near future as I think it would be very suited as both a shower gel and a dusting powder.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Vanilla Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, *Coumarin, Methyl Ionone, *Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.


Vegan?: Yes. 


2017 Price: £3.50 each.

Scent Family:
Funny Face Fun Bar
Keep It Fluffy Bath Bomb
Keep It Fluffy Liquid Perfume

Love Birds Soap







2 comments

  1. The first thing I've seen on your blog that only got one out of six!

    I love your blog so much and use it to help me make decisions about products. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete


UP