Recently

1 March 2014

Wonder Woohoo Bubble Bar



Wonder Woohoo is a limited edition bubble bar, released as part of the 2014 Mother's Day range. Inspired by Wonder Woman with it's golden lustre coating, this brand new product is fragranced with the wonderful The Sun; a staple perfume in my house.  

Bursting with Brazilian orange oil, sandalwood oil and mimosa absolute, this bubble bar is a fizzy, sweet and fruity product, similar in smell to the likes of Sunnyside and The Brightside. However, unlike both of those bubble bars, Wonder Woohoo possesses a more natural scent; it reminded me of fresh orange juice intertwined with a slightly wood element. Designed to bring happiness and joy to mums, and whoever has the luxury of using it, this bubble bar certain leaves you feeling relaxed and revigorated after a long day's work.

Like every other bubble bar, Wonder Woohoo can work in a number of ways. As you can see from the video, I often throw my bubble bars under a running tap, where more often than not they begin to bubble and froth quite quickly. However, I found that this one was a little stubborn to release those gorgeous bubbles so I chose to crumble the remainder of the bar under the tap, and as you can see, those much-wanted bubbles quickly filled the tub. 
Unfortunately, this product didn't produce as many bubbles as I would have expected, especially given that I used an entire bar in the bath. I used a third of a Comforter Bubble Bar last week, and this produced far more bubbles than this entire bar did. Furthermore, it also turned the bath water a slightly yellowy colour, which is not a colour you'd choose to bathe in if you had a choice.

As for those of you worried about the use of glitter, you'll be glad to know that this bubble bar neither decorates your bath or your skin with annoying sparkly bits. You'll notice once the product has been dissolved into the water, that it leaves gorgeous trails of golden lustre throughout the tub, which then wash away easily at the end.

Despite it's wonderful smell in the packet, this bubble bar lost most of it's scent when in use. Once the bath had been run, and I had settled myself in the tub, I found that I could only pick up the scent occasionally, and this was normally when my nose was very close to the water. Lush have recently begun to use cornflour as one of their main ingredients in their bath products, and I wonder whether this has any correlation to these newer products containing less scent that normal. It's rather disappointing.

However, what Wonder Woohoo did do, was make my skin feel absolutely beautiful. Within minutes of being in the bath tub, my arms and legs felt incredibly soft and this continued into the following morning. I found that I didn't have to moisturise at all after this bath, which was nice. This softness was no doubt caused by the use of Sandalwood oil, an astringent and antiseptic ingredient that helps to soothe, cool and soften the skin. I just wish that my skin had retained some of it's scent as it would have been lovely to top up the smell with a little The Sun perfume and carry this fragrance around all day. 
Lush claim that The Sun fragrance is like 'a ray of sunshine in the depths of winter', which might explain why they decided to use it in one of their bubble bars. Wonder Woohoo is definitely an attractive looking product, and to smell in the shop, I can see why consumers would be interested in trying it out. However, it's beautiful scent is lost almost completely when in use, which was disappointing. While I cannot claim that the bathing experience was particularly euphoric, I can say that it made my skin hydrated and soft, and had this product's scent remained perennial in the water, it would have scored full marks from me. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Radiant Gold Lustre, Cornflour, *Farnesol, *Limonene, Brazilian Orange Oil, Mimosa Absolute, New Caledonian Sandalwood Oil, Perfume, Colour 14700, Gold Glimmer Lustre

Vegan?: Yes.

Year Of Original Release: 2014.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Scent Family:
Wonder Woohoo Bubble Bar



4 comments

  1. Love the review, I was indeed worried by the glitter (I've never picked up Sunnyside for that same reason), but now I think I will give this one a go. Especially if it leaves the skin moisturised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby - thanks for checking out my blog. It definitely does leave your skin feeling wonderful, it's just a shame about the lack of smell. I think when I use my other Wonder Woohoo, I might scent the bath with drops from my The Sun Perfume and see if that helps to pad the smell out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a quarter of this but I crumbled the whole thing, little piece by piece as I usually do. Maybe that's why you didn't get as many bubbles? Because with one quarter the bubbles were over my faucet and they just kept on coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice - I'll check this out the next time I use one.

      Delete


UP