Recently

2 March 2014

Bunny Bubble Bar



Inspired by the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, this fresh-faced bubble bar is an 'almost new product', released to coincide with Lush's Easter 2014 range. By 'almost new', I am referring to the fact that, although we've never seen this design before, we have experienced it's scent in the form of Lush's popular Creamy Candy Bubble Bar

There have been mixed reactions to the fact that Lush have 'regurgitated' quite a number of their established scents to create this year's Easter/Mother's Day range. While I wish there were more unique fragrances to try, I do recognise that Lush cannot release brand new scents each and every season, especially if they want to ensure that the new smells that they do create, are interesting and long-lasting. Therefore, I'm not going to tarnish my opinions because of this fact.

Much like it's older brother, Bunny is packed full of rich oils and butters to soothe, soften and condition your skin, leaving it velvety soft and smelling wonderful. However, unlike it's predecessor, this bubble bar retains some of it's scent once it has been dissolved. This meant that I was able to enjoy the wonderful sweet smell throughout my entire bath. 

The scent itself is absolutely gorgeous. It's so sugary sweet and girly, reminding me of candy floss and the musky vanilla scent of freshly baked cupcakes. Although not as sickly sweet, this is definitely a product that would keep most fans of Snow Fairy very happy until Christmas. 

One aspect of Bunny that I was a little confused about, was that lush claimed that this bubble bar contained blue cornflowers, which are supposed to float through the water and surround you whilst your in the tub. All I got from mine, were little scraps of what looked like thin twigs, that only made themselves known once I was draining the water away. Despite this, I was impressed to find that this product turns the water a beautiful baby pink colour, strangely something that it's older brother doesn't do. 

Furthermore, the bath water felt lovely and silky without being greasy, and my skin stayed soft and smooth for many hours afterwards. Bunny is packed with Shea butter and coconut oil, both of which help to soften skin; they really do make you feel hydrated and royally pampered.The scent does linger on your skin, and I was pleasantly surprised when I could smell it on my pillow the next morning.

This is as wonderful bubble bar that actually outshines it's predecessor, and I'll definitely be buying a couple more of these to last me through the year. Whatever Lush have done to make this bubble bar successful, they should look into doing to Creamy Candy, as I'd be much more inclined to purchase more of them if they did. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cornflour, Perfume, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Blue Cornflower Petals, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Sesquicarbonate, Methyl Ionone, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Pink Candy Eyes, Yellow Candy Tail.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.95 each. 
2017 Price: £3.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2014.

Scent Family:






2 comments

  1. Part of the reason Lush has been recycling its scents is so that customers who really love this product can come back any time of the year and find something similar to it. A lot of customers come in very disappointed after the holidays because there is nothing like what they have fallen in love with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good point - I never thought about it in this light.

      Delete


UP